NS2 voting system

JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
Hi all I wanted to open a topic about possible voting system that could be done for NS2, so i came up with some ideas that could help.
one of the problems i saw in ns1 was when somebody took the commander chair and sold everything or bulid extra stuff just to waste resurses and leave the game, so my idea is to have the eject commander vote a little bit better like the vote could take 10-15 to eject commander during that time all assests are frozen he cant sell/bulid anything.

2nd idea is to have map voting, now I know that ns1 had it but only on some servers the other servers just had a maplist that got changed after certin amount of time or rounds.

3rd idea is to have a vote for commander when a player is chosen nobody else could get inside commander chair and do what is said above.

share your thoughts and ideas if u got some.

Comments

• TerrTerr Arthritic Skulk Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7486Members
    edited November 2009
    At some level you either need to trust the commander, or there needs to be some sort of "re-wind last few griefing commander moves" system. The social fix sounds a lot easier than the technical one.

But here's another idea: A built-in system to track "ratings" of commanders... The trick would be to prevent exploitation by people with an axe to grind. How about this: Every time a commander is vote-kicked out, they get a black mark. (By SteamID.)

Divide black-marks by time spent playing, and you get an idea of whether you really want INURBASESELLINGURSTUFF as your commander.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    voting a commander in makes sense like voting one out - just like BF2, Empires, Savage, etc.
    as for a bad-karma rating, see Savage2's karma system. I'm not sure if it actually helps, but it takes a whole lot of tweaking to avoid griefing.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    I never ran into the griefing commander problem.

When they implemented the commander kick.
    I saw it more used by players who just didn't like what the commander was doing.

A decent map voting system would be nice
    but I would be fine with it coming in a patch.

Voting for tech tree requests would be a very interesting addition.
    The vote would not cause anything to happen.
    It would simply be a tally of public opinion.
    The commander could take the information with a grain of salt.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1738376:date=Nov 20 2009, 03:00 PM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ Nov 20 2009, 03:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1738376"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Voting for tech tree requests would be a very interesting addition.
    The vote would not cause anything to happen.
    It would simply be a tally of public opinion.
    The commander could take the information with a grain of salt.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah i like this one sounds intressting + it will give the players more power in some ways.