I just bought NS2!

Comments

• GrayDuckGrayDuck Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16134Members, Constellation
    *jumps on the bandwagon*
  • exxexx Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8500Members, Constellation
    rawr? i gots teh black armor
  • GomaGoma Join Date: 2009-10-03 Member: 68937Members
    I bought NS2 Special Edition because I thoroughly enjoyed NS1 and I figured I would purchase the Special Edition so that I could be one of the first to get a taste of NS2 and to also support the developers of this awesome game.

Keep up the great work!
  • FlippehFlippeh Join Date: 2007-11-02 Member: 62807Members
    edited October 2009
    Just got myself the Special Edition! They deserve more than $20 for this!

Also, hey! First post since I joined! :)
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Bought SE: Regardless of how NS2 will fare, I already OWED that sum for all the hours on NS1 I didn't give a dime for.
  • ScaleethScaleeth Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65684Members
    I bought NS2 Special Edition TWICE! One for me and one for my best friend. Why? Because its going to be amazing, of course! >:D

MWAHAHAHAHH.
  • M0nk3hM0nk3h Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68960Members
    I can see it now.

Game starts

Commander: "Head to Cargo bay section 4, Black Ops Team, there's a hive there"

Special Armor Marines: *In Unison* "Yes, Sir!"

Commander: "Hey Greeney, build the IP!"

Green Armor Marine: mumbles-"I knew I should've paid $20 more for the black armor"

(yeah I wanted to be special too, so I bought the special edition as well :D)
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Special edition on 5/28/09.

Mostly because I wanted to spend more money to support development.

NS occupied a large portion of my "not a kid and not really a responsible adult" phase of my life and I have very fond memories of it. When the cafepress store (I think? was so long ago :/) opened, I bought some stickers and still have my NS shirt hanging up - in pretty much perfect condition (lol, wow ... I just realized how .. wow. That was a long time ago and it still looks great. Granted, I don't wear it .. but still.)I purchased ZoS for my GF a long time ago as well, mostly to support Flayra and the development of NS2. The fact my GF hasn't touched the game since the day after I bought it doesn't bum me out too much ... still worth the price.

If there was something else I could spend money on to help support development, I probably would.

No, that doesn't include giving one of you a free copy of the game.
  • ToKanderToKander Join Date: 2009-10-11 Member: 69019Members
    Just bought SE to be awesome and interwebs sexxeh with my black armor.

Oh and to support the producers ofc
  • vrexvrex Join Date: 2009-10-03 Member: 68931Members
    Bought black edition because I played original NS quiet a lot and it was free so this deserves my support.
  • SnorreSnorre Join Date: 2009-10-10 Member: 69012Members
    edited October 2009
    *Insert some random text about buying the special edition here*
    *Brag about having played NS1 a bit here*
    *State "Wanting to support developers" as reason for purchase here*

Am I cool enough for "thar intarwebz" now? Or do I have to have at least 500 posts at Unknown Worlds' forum to be cool enough for you internet guys (and gals)? Oh well. I must admit that I'm really looking forward to this game. One of the main things that draw me to it, other than the awsome gameplay ofcourse, is the mature community. One of the things that have struck me several times is the overall stupidity and childishness of online gamers. Especially when playing games over Xbox Live. I'm almost amased at the rate 13 year old boys can shout cursewords into their headsets. And its quite annoying having small kids (relativly) yell insults at you, even when your trying to do your best. I've lurked quite a bit around the NS2 categories, and the thread about users age and what they do (studying, work etc) shows lots of promise. I only hope 20+ gamers are a bit more cosy than their 20- year old "colleagues".
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Ns² ain't free so you won't see that many little 10 year old kids :D

Now you will only see 20 year old 'kids' ^^
    I don't mind adult kids. They are so much fun. ^^
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Me and a friend both bought the SE so we can be l33tz0r in our black ninja arm0rz.

Seriously, we loved ns1 so much and now we can buy NS2 SE for HALF the price of a standard viddyea gaem title? We didnt hesitate one second. And besides, we really felt we owed them the favour!

Oh ya and we are pushing a 3rd friend to buy the SE too so he can play with us :D He quit playing WoW, now he is currently playing nazi zombies and tf2 with us and soon a real game....NS2!
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--quoteo(post=1732616:date=Oct 17 2009, 07:27 PM:name=Snorre)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snorre @ Oct 17 2009, 07:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1732616"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*Insert some random text about buying the special edition here*
    *Brag about having played NS1 a bit here*
    *State "Wanting to support developers" as reason for purchase here*

Am I cool enough for "thar intarwebz" now? Or do I have to have at least 500 posts at Unknown Worlds' forum to be cool enough for you internet guys (and gals)? Oh well. I must admit that I'm really looking forward to this game. One of the main things that draw me to it, other than the awsome gameplay ofcourse, is the mature community. One of the things that have struck me several times is the overall stupidity and childishness of online gamers. Especially when playing games over Xbox Live. I'm almost amased at the rate 13 year old boys can shout cursewords into their headsets. And its quite annoying having small kids (relativly) yell insults at you, even when your trying to do your best. I've lurked quite a bit around the NS2 categories, and the thread about users age and what they do (studying, work etc) shows lots of promise. I only hope 20+ gamers are a bit more cosy than their 20- year old "colleagues".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's pretty awesome being pretentious.

You've figured me out. After playing the game for 3 years religiously and dipping into it every once in a while for some good times and enjoying quite literally countless hours of entertainment from Flayra in NS1, I'm not being sincere when I state I wish to support him and his new company making NS2. It's really just a ploy to get on his good side. So that he might give me a sneak peak at NS2! Or perhaps ... put my name in the credits! Yes! Thats it!.

I've been lerking the forums nearly <b>eight years</b>, just so I can get some sort extra perk by pretending to befriend Flayra and you've figured me out. There isn't any possible way that I would want to support an awesome guy, his new company and his new employees and actually want to see them succeed.

Nah ... I'm just looking for the .. *scrolls back up to read the text* 'thar intarwebz' cool kidz pointz.

It must be tiring to be such an awesome, original, cool bad ass like you.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Seker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Seker)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ns² ain't free so you won't see that many little 10 year old kids :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Half Life wasn't, still isn't, free either. It's not going to stop kids from pirating and/or having their parents buy it for them anyway. How do you think these kids got their hands on a 360?

Just because something costs money, doesn't mean kids will be excluded because of it.

That being said, I've met far more mature 'kids' than I have 'adults' in my years of online gaming.
  • jaminjamin Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63332Members
    I went to the pre-order page today.
    Then realised I had no money.
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    I bought it because I’ve been playing NS so long I don’t remember when I got it. I know it was just a month or two after it first came out. I thought about waiting for the release but decided to buy the SE for two reasons. 1) I’ve spent more hours on a free game than any I’ve bought, so a contribution is due. 2) I’m so ready for NS2 . I know I’ll waste hundreds of hours playing it instead doing things I should be busy with.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1732747:date=Oct 19 2009, 04:24 AM:name=Silver_Fox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silver_Fox @ Oct 19 2009, 04:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1732747"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's pretty awesome being pretentious.

You've figured me out. After playing the game for 3 years religiously and dipping into it every once in a while for some good times and enjoying quite literally countless hours of entertainment from Flayra in NS1, I'm not being sincere when I state I wish to support him and his new company making NS2. It's really just a ploy to get on his good side. So that he might give me a sneak peak at NS2! Or perhaps ... put my name in the credits! Yes! Thats it!.

I've been lerking the forums nearly <b>eight years</b>, just so I can get some sort extra perk by pretending to befriend Flayra and you've figured me out. There isn't any possible way that I would want to support an awesome guy, his new company and his new employees and actually want to see them succeed.

Nah ... I'm just looking for the .. *scrolls back up to read the text* 'thar intarwebz' cool kidz pointz.

It must be tiring to be such an awesome, original, cool bad ass like you.

SNIP<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha. Either I'm not picking up your irony (in which case I apologise), or you misinterpreted my post. The three first lines in my post was merly an attempt to make a humorous version of the otherwise boring lines I would've written. Because I did play the mod a bit back in the days, I did buy the special edition, and I do feel that I should support the developers. The rest of the post goes to praise the community here (everybody in this thread included). I'm not at all trying to raise myself above others. If I came trough like a pretensious ###### that's not something I can do anything about now. And yes, saying that most online gamers are a childish bunch is perhaps pretensious, but then again, exaggerating is one of the best ways to make a point. Oh well. I guess it would be safer to just stop trying to make funny posts on the internet. Or somebody will eventually take me too serious. Written humor and irony is dangerous that way.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1726388:date=Sep 7 2009, 07:11 AM:name=KonserniJohtaja)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonserniJohtaja @ Sep 7 2009, 07:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1726388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->they won't be milking us with multiple sequels (yes, I'm referring to The Sims -series)]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? I was more like thinking Battlefield and Fifa/Madden/Any sport, but then again, I guess it all comes down to EA's practices.
  • fartrangerfartranger Join Date: 2009-10-21 Member: 69101Members
    I bought the 40$ pre-order. I really enjoyed the first one, my best alien upgrade was the lerk!!!!! I hope they bring it back. I swear sometimes i was so focus that I thought I was the lerk:) The people who brought this game together deserve every penny. I hope me pre-ordering it encourages them to finish the game at it's best.
  • VaratharVarathar Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27382Members
    I bought NS2 special edition simply because of access to alpha. And I hope tools come with it. :)
    Also it's really nice to give Unknown worlds a little extra from really hard work.
  • NihiliusNihilius Join Date: 2007-08-28 Member: 62044Members
    I bought the Standard version of NS2 on the 29th May 2009. :D
  • JohnCarterofMarsJohnCarterofMars Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9184Members
    i got teh SE edition cause i knew that 40 bucks would get them more beers!!

can't wait! keep up the great work guys!
  • StewieStewie Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18795Members
    I just got the $40 version. Because this game is awesome and because that's like 27 euros :D
  • invader Ziminvader Zim Join Date: 2007-09-20 Member: 62376Members
    I saw those screen shots, and thought I MUST GIVE THEM MONIES.

so i bought SE edition

or maybe it was the crack i had for breakfast
  • realmenplaypingpongrealmenplaypingpong Join Date: 2009-02-23 Member: 66520Members
    I saw those screenshots, and then I j!zzed, in, my pants. And then I forked, over, $40. Whats it as good for me as it was for you? Been waiting a long time for this.
  • LokisanLokisan Join Date: 2009-11-03 Member: 69241Members
    C'os I wanna get ze toolz !

Well and cause I loved the first game and I am very impressed with the Work on NS2 so far.

Keep it up Folks !
  • spencespence Join Date: 2009-11-03 Member: 69246Members
    edited November 2009
    Just bought NS2 Standard, played the game when it was based on hl and loved it. Looks like its coming back! Cant wait!
    Oh and it was the megalist and the screenshots that made me buy it, post more!
  • Mr.BanThatNoobMr.BanThatNoob Join Date: 2009-11-02 Member: 69233Members
    Unless they have something for both teams in special edition then yeah.Like the classic coloring for aliens for those who bought special edition along with black amour,just to have something special for both sides since i bought a game with the words special edition.It Only make sense
  • CattablissCattabliss Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66803Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1735974:date=Nov 4 2009, 12:33 AM:name=Mr.BanThatNoob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.BanThatNoob @ Nov 4 2009, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1735974"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unless they have something for both teams in special edition then yeah.Like the classic coloring for aliens for those who bought special edition along with black amour,just to have something special for both sides since i bought a game with the words special edition.It Only make sense<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do agree the preorder package seems a bit dry for alien fans. It's odd that a simple color palette change for the marines can't also be implemented for aliens. Let's hope their eternal gratitude includes some alien love :)