First Real Mod Project For NS2?

XerondXerond Undefined Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29817Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Classic?</div>Something tells me there might be a demand for classic NS within the NS2 engine...

Dare I say?

(This is not an offensive statement, I'm incredibly excited to see what UWE turns out in NS2)

Comments

• monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    True classic mode would probably have to be done by UWE, I doubt it would feel the same if someone else tried to emulate it

besides, they already have the code for it :P
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730214:date=Oct 2 2009, 11:51 AM:name=monopolowa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monopolowa @ Oct 2 2009, 11:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730214"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->True classic mode would probably have to be done by UWE, I doubt it would feel the same if someone else tried to emulate it

besides, they already have the code for it :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Code that is probably in no way compatible with the new engine? A "classic" mode would have to be done by the community since the UWE guys have better things to do recreate their old game in their new game.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    "Classic Mode"
    No thanks.

It'll take something definitely different to attract me to a mod.
    For HL2/Source I tried alot of mods but there were only about a handful I remember and played alot.

Dystopia
    Minerva
    Iron Grip

I can remember the names off the top of my head.

If you are going to go through the pain of doing a mod do something fresh.
  • linfosomalinfosoma Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67523Members
    I had the idea of making a multiplayer version of an old PSX game called "Deception: Dark Dellusion" made by Tecmo.
    In the game you played as a girl who can only set magical traps to protect herself from a group of attackers. An interesting twist in assimetrical gaming.

I'll check the development tools once the game is released. Since Im only a 3D artist I'll probably make the character models and ask for help once I have something to actually get people interested in the project.
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730223:date=Oct 2 2009, 11:13 AM:name=Sirot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sirot @ Oct 2 2009, 11:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730223"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Code that is probably in no way compatible with the new engine? A "classic" mode would have to be done by the community since the UWE guys have better things to do recreate their old game in their new game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't NS1 written in lua just like NS2?

<!--quoteo(post=1730264:date=Oct 2 2009, 02:20 PM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ Oct 2 2009, 02:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730264"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Classic Mode"
    No thanks.

It'll take something definitely different to attract me to a mod.
    For HL2/Source I tried alot of mods but there were only about a handful I remember and played alot.

Dystopia
    Minerva
    Iron Grip

I can remember the names off the top of my head.

If you are going to go through the pain of doing a mod do something fresh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Never tried those. Did you try Empires?Best Source mod I've tried. It's a bit like NS in that it's got a mix of FPS & RTS. Different in most every other way. But still a very cool and complex mod. Outdoor, similar factions, vehicles (customizable), class based. Bases are actually made of building that you can walk on.

Also a cool on is Source Forts. Really cool idea, but the core gameplay has many flaws. They planned a version 2.0 with fully reworked gameplay and recoded from scratch... but somehow I think the mod died.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1731624:date=Oct 10 2009, 12:32 PM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Oct 10 2009, 12:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Isn't NS1 written in lua just like NS2?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->No.
  • JPiolhoJPiolho Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28872Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1731624:date=Oct 10 2009, 11:32 AM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Oct 10 2009, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Isn't NS1 written in lua just like NS2?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's written on C++ with HL SDK.
  • MikeyTWolfMikeyTWolf Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67665Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1731624:date=Oct 10 2009, 11:32 AM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Oct 10 2009, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Isn't NS1 written in lua just like NS2?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Umm... No, it's Gold Source isn't it? And anyway, completely different entities/nodes/###### I'd expect. This isn't kansas anymore.

Grah. Ninja'd.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Never tried those. Did you try Empires?Best Source mod I've tried. It's a bit like NS in that it's got a mix of FPS & RTS. Different in most every other way. But still a very cool and complex mod. Outdoor, similar factions, vehicles (customizable), class based. Bases are actually made of building that you can walk on.

Also a cool on is Source Forts. Really cool idea, but the core gameplay has many flaws. They planned a version 2.0 with fully reworked gameplay and recoded from scratch... but somehow I think the mod died.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ugh... Ugggghh... No...

Empires suffers major problems, varying from most players having 100+ ping on servers which makes driving vehicles a load of arse, a tech tree with clearly broken elements to it, so you can rush win with nuke jeeps (or equivalent) if you brought a strategy guide, and a hugely unlikable experience of dying repeatedly with no form of self-defense (Like CS but you get big penalties for attacking with decent rifles vs. a camper, low starting ammo and artillery spam). Too much like Star Wars: Battlefront for me too, in that you can't really "move" as it were, like wearing a paper straight jacket.

Source forts is the same as:
    The above mod.
    - a RTS element.
    + 3x Nade spam and obscene bhop speeds (PLUS HL2 Ep0/1 Sprint).
    + More insta-kill weaps (including the infamous HL2 Crossbow and RPGs)

That's my argument against those mods, and I'd like to see more evaluation than drivel about 3rd party mods, possibly pruning all the awful mod ideas from the unborn NS2 server lists.

Also, @ linfosoma
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had the idea of making a multiplayer version of an old PSX game called "Deception: Dark Dellusion" made by Tecmo.
    In the game you played as a girl who can only set magical traps to protect herself from a group of attackers. An interesting twist in assimetrical gaming.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now this is what I want to see! Some actual variety, and not just "FunGunzthatgoPewPew!" mods that force Miniguns on everyone that shoots lasers or some such ######. Anyone else got some?

</rushed>
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1731629:date=Oct 10 2009, 07:04 AM:name=JPiolho)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JPiolho @ Oct 10 2009, 07:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731629"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's written on C++ with HL SDK.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I stand corrected.

<!--quoteo(post=1731629:date=Oct 10 2009, 07:04 AM:name=JPiolho)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JPiolho @ Oct 10 2009, 07:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731629"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's written on C++ with HL SDK.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ok thank you, thank you.

<!--quoteo(post=1731630:date=Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731630"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Umm... No, it's Gold Source isn't it? And anyway, completely different entities/nodes/###### I'd expect. This isn't kansas anymore.

Grah. Ninja'd.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Uh yes. ok I get it.

<!--quoteo(post=1731630:date=Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731630"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ugh... Ugggghh... No...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No what? That was clearly my personal opinion, and even then I didn't say that they are perfect or the ######. The other parts where descriptive facts that are indeed true.

<!--quoteo(post=1731630:date=Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 07:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731630"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Empires suffers major problems....

That's my argument against those mods...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Your argument agaisnt what? people trying them? playing them? Why the hate? They are free mods which other people may enjoy.

Both of these mods have really cool ideas. But you are bashing them based solely on poor execution. Which they could eventually fix given sufficient interest and proper support of the community.

Which sourceforts really has noticeably. I find it almost unplayable (because of dumb players using cheap trick) but I do like the idea. And I give props to the team for actually getting it playable. However they where not able to fine tune and thus the damn mod is dead or dying.

I've had lot of fun playing empires despite its flaws. And also despite it's flaws it has plenty of good ideas and definitely worth a play by anyone who already likes other FPS/RTS. You can sometimes get some fairly epic games going and other times the rounds are just 15 minutes of fail abuse. Which also happens in NS1 by the way. Such is the way with many mods (and actually many retail games too). Also Empires is still under development so some of your gripes could be fixed in the future or may have been already, depending of when was the last time you played.

Anyway people like you are the reason everyone has to wait longer for the alpha or beta of ANY game or mod. :( grr!
  • [WHO]Mr.Black[WHO]Mr.Black Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67841Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730270:date=Oct 2 2009, 11:30 AM:name=linfosoma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (linfosoma @ Oct 2 2009, 11:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730270"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had the idea of making a multiplayer version of an old PSX game called "Deception: Dark Dellusion" made by Tecmo.
    In the game you played as a girl who can only set magical traps to protect herself from a group of attackers. An interesting twist in assimetrical gaming.

I'll check the development tools once the game is released. Since Im only a 3D artist I'll probably make the character models and ask for help once I have something to actually get people interested in the project.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    A good game, the sequel was pretty good too. Better graphics but the gameplay wasn't quite as good. I think this would be an interesting mod to attempt. Good luck with it man.
  • MikeyTWolfMikeyTWolf Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67665Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1731641:date=Oct 10 2009, 05:07 PM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Oct 10 2009, 05:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731641"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No what? That was clearly my personal opinion, and even then I didn't say that they are perfect or the ######. The other parts where descriptive facts that are indeed true.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Firstly, there's a reason why candidates go the toilet <i>before</i> an election speech in politics. Sadly, my post was the one who couldn't find one in working order on the day. I'll start to revise that post now in this reply.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your argument agaisnt what? people trying them? playing them? Why the hate? They are free mods which other people may enjoy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good question. Now it's raised, I can say: "Against people taking them as examples, and making mods based on them. However, I generally meant in the case where it would be a 100% clone scenario." So that would be bugs, balance issues etc. and all.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Both of these mods have really cool ideas. But you are bashing them based solely on poor execution. Which they could eventually fix given sufficient interest and proper support of the community.

Which sourceforts really has noticeably. I find it almost unplayable (because of dumb players using cheap trick) but I do like the idea. And I give props to the team for actually getting it playable. However they where not able to fine tune and thus the damn mod is dead or dying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think part of the problem is that most mods and games have player slot:server ratios too high, also the case with NS1 despite it being made clear that 6v6 is the only way to have a fair game. I think a similar case may be with sourceforts, since I genuinely had one or two fun games with just 4 a side, but that was short lived when all the servers run 32 slots.

Although it's also partly the devs fault for not thinking outside the "Gmod" box, and actually tried to make something out of the engine other than copy-pasting HL2:TDM with a few freezable objects, seeing how the engine is more SP focused than MP, unlike NS2 will be. Nice concept and trailer presentation though, so maybe they just needed a few programmers.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've had lot of fun playing empires despite its flaws. And also despite it's flaws it has plenty of good ideas and definitely worth a play by anyone who already likes other FPS/RTS. You can sometimes get some fairly epic games going and other times the rounds are just 15 minutes of fail abuse. Which also happens in NS1 by the way. Such is the way with many mods (and actually many retail games too). Also Empires is still under development so some of your gripes could be fixed in the future or may have been already, depending of when was the last time you played.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Empires is still under development.

However, since they're about 4 years behind schedule on introducing aircraft FFS, let alone finishing the whole thing, and how true old timer veterans I have talked to about this have expressed (e.g. =BSID= Headshotmaster mean anything to you?), I think it's generally safe to say that the devs are going to lose their mod population due to next-gen games and mods before they even begin to polish it to a fully enjoyable pub experience.

Also, Empires is still not really a ideal option for NS2 as a mod, or a concept example for a mod, since:

A) It's based on indoors gameplay, so country-sized battlefield maps would fail to work correctly even less so than the Orange Box engine they're using now.
    B) NS2 itself is a FPS/RTS, and thus you would not actually be changing anything significant asides from upgradeable vehicles.
    C) The Brenodi/NF teams are too assymetrical/symetrical. They are too similar, yet also too different (Knife/Pistol/Gun, but different RoF and accuracy, ammo, damage etc.). As a result, there are significant balance issues to work out in a ranged vs. ranged enviroment that seems utterly pointless since there's no apparent need to be when they're just Red Vs. Blue.

Plus I'm not quite sure how buildings, vehicles and infantry would work well together on a small map. If you took out infantry (so they aren't immediately roadkill on respawn) and buildings (so they wouldn't be a waste of time setting up when they keep getting shot by tanks), you'd have something more like D.I.P.R.I.P. rather than Empires.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyway people like you are the reason everyone has to wait longer for the alpha or beta of ANY game or mod. :( grr!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Umm... what? I fail to see how discussion on what we might like to see in the future from <b>community/user created content</b> would have an effect on <b>official</b> development time on a game or mod.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Ns1 was meant to get lua support aswell but well ;(
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    There has been talk about this for awhile, once the game comes out I think this answer can be answered much better. The problem I find with 95% of threads in this forum is they are based almost entirely on speculation, almost enough so to put me off the forums.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    edited October 2009
  • rots~o~ragrots~o~rag Join Date: 2009-07-16 Member: 68163Members
    edited October 2009
    <a href="http://www.fistful-of-frags.com/" target="_blank">http://www.fistful-of-frags.com/</a>

Western themed hl2 mod, well worth checking out. No indians but the horses do indeed defecate which I never saw a gorge accomplish.

Oh, and if you want to see players on fire [from previous thread], this mod delivers with the very popular "fire arrows" for the bow weapon. The fire model is done very well, sometimes the victim even survives although with little remaining health.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    i'd just love it if someone made a co-op survival themed (system shock 2?) mod

inventory
    gary's mod style welding and combing objects to get past obstacles (empty elevator shafts, engine coolant spills etc)

weld a rope and a magent then climb over the shaft - but someone needs to hold one end while another climbs etc

maybe even some rpg elements - but probably more equipment based that stats based
  • ryknow69ryknow69 Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1731751:date=Oct 11 2009, 06:48 PM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Oct 11 2009, 06:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731751"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i'd just love it if someone made a co-op survival themed (system shock 2?) mod

inventory
    gary's mod style welding and combing objects to get past obstacles (empty elevator shafts, engine coolant spills etc)

weld a rope and a magent then climb over the shaft - but someone needs to hold one end while another climbs etc

maybe even some rpg elements - but probably more equipment based that stats based<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sven Co-op for NS2?

PERFECT
    <!--quoteo(post=1731645:date=Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...actually tried to make something out of the engine other than copy-pasting HL2:TDM with a few freezable objects, seeing how the engine is more SP focused than MP, unlike NS2 will be. Nice concept and trailer presentation though, so maybe they just needed a few programmers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->That's my same gripe with Sourceforts. The idea was great but they refused to fix the combat. HL2:DM weapons did not mix well with their gameplay. However I loved how variable the forts could be. They actually where planing version 2.0 which was supposed to replace the weapons and mix the build/combat phase... still waiting. Idea was great but having two phases just didn't work. Build was a bit too boring, repetitive, and grief friendly and combats was a bit too hectic, while at the same time stalemates where all too common.

<!--quoteo(post=1731645:date=Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->However, since they're about 4 years behind schedule on introducing aircraft FFS...

Also, Empires is still not really a ideal option for NS2 as a mod, or a concept example for a mod, since:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->LOL. Yes they did fail with the aircraft. After a while I though I was misreading posts. Also, I was just mentioning these source mods to the other person that asked. I was not suggesting and empires mod for NS2. I don't want it.

<!--quoteo(post=1731645:date=Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 10 2009, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Umm... what? I fail to see how discussion on what we might like to see in the future from <b>community/user created content</b> would have an effect on <b>official</b> development time on a game or mod.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->It was meant to be a lighthearted comment. Although it kind of reads bitter. Sorry about that. Rushed my post too. Again, I was not suggesting mods like these for NS2. Just mentioning them to kingmob since he was talking about source mods.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    I want to see Single player mod !! if somebody is thinking of it sign me in as a maper
  • VendicatorVendicator Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43805Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1730208:date=Oct 2 2009, 10:18 AM:name=Xerond)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xerond @ Oct 2 2009, 10:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730208"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Something tells me there might be a demand for classic NS within the NS2 engine...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just like how you may have thought that people would want classic TFC on the new TF2 engine?

Fortress-Forever is a much better game as far as a fortress game goes, TF2 is complete crap to it. But valve didnt upgrade TFC at all - they did with every other old game of theirs.

Two different style games I know, but if people want NS1 they will play NS1 - just like they do with CS and CSS... there have been no attempts to make a classic CS, CSS mod!
  • XerondXerond Undefined Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29817Members, Constellation
    edited October 2009
    "Just like how you may have thought that people would want classic TFC on the new TF2 engine?"

No.

But with the "modability" that UWE is proposing for their engine, you'd think creating a classic mode wouldn't be so out of the park.

"... there have been no attempts to make a classic CS, CSS mod!"

You're completely contradicting yourself here. What is CS:S?

Imagine ns_eclipse, veil, tanith, etc with the NS2 engine, but NS1 gameplay mechanics?

<b>Am I really the only one who'd be curious enough to see this?</b>
  • monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    a classic CS, CS:S mod?
    its the SAME GAME (just on the newer engine)

lol
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
  • GDWhiteGDWhite Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68170Members
    That sounds like Co.
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    edited October 2009
    would we want it though? will we play it, bunnyhop will be gone which will turn off 60% of the peeps, air control with leap and fades will be gone.

*or it will stay but how can we change the engine itself without hours of work which alot of people wont be able to put in*
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1731966:date=Oct 13 2009, 01:10 AM:name=Xerond)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xerond @ Oct 13 2009, 01:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731966"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Imagine ns_eclipse, veil, tanith, etc with the NS2 engine,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes!

<!--quoteo(post=1731966:date=Oct 13 2009, 01:10 AM:name=Xerond)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xerond @ Oct 13 2009, 01:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731966"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->but NS1 gameplay mechanics?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No!