Love

2»

Comments

• RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1729692:date=Sep 29 2009, 08:48 PM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Sep 29 2009, 08:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait, this is a single-player or coop game against the computer? In that case the rock-paper-scissors approach becomes a LOT more difficult because computer opponents tend to have exceedingly poor adaption skills compared to human players. There's pretty much no way of avoiding "optimal build" strategies in that case.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was under the impression that it was coop and pvp.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    He's now taking a 3 euro donation to join the alpha. I've signed up.

<a href="http://www.quelsolaar.com/alpha/" target="_blank">http://www.quelsolaar.com/alpha/</a>

If you sign up, put "Scythe" as your referrer when you're creating your account ingame. I get an extra few days.

--Scythe--
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    at 3 euros it is worth it to me.

We should also possibly post up our friend names?

(this is all of course once registration is back up :P)
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    edited September 2009
    I'm on the UK 2 server, apparently. My ingame name is "Yndra". I've established a wee settlement at 65:47:I.

--Scythe--

P.S. Our settlement is communicating on 100.0MHz.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    edited September 2009
    The service is back up again. Atm it is about 4.50 USD.

Yes I picked up a key, I am at work though, so no info on my part yet.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    Interesting. Is there an NDA or anything? I don't see one. It's probably worth $4.50 for me to poke around a little...
    <!--quoteo(post=1729903:date=Sep 30 2009, 07:37 PM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiscoZombie @ Sep 30 2009, 07:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729903"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Interesting. Is there an NDA or anything? I don't see one. It's probably worth $4.50 for me to poke around a little...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Too my knowledge no. The sign up page says something about 'please don't review the game based on the alpha'.

Also:
    BAH! Finally home and UK2 is down, and now I can't seem to get a response from any of the servers....
    edited October 2009
    Bah!

Joining the crotchety old man in the red dust storms on UK2!
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    edited October 2009
    just imagine what a community like ours could put together if we work together :3
    I'll have to get this when its released
    edited October 2009
    So, I have:
    1) run around like an idiot
    2) found and provided a slug rifle (best weapon in the game I think) maker for the settlement
    3) found lots of baddies (who latter up and disappeared)
    4) gotten familiar with power suplies/binocs/config tool
    5) had a lot of fun.

I would LOVE to get to build my own settlement with out idiots messing with it at some point.

Oh right, on UK2 with Scythezor, I am called Nodon

btw:
    Growe == Tree
    Inferior == Bad
    <Strange word starting with K> == Know
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    I have:

1) wandered aimlessly around
    2) drowned many times
    3) found a monolith that told me to click it to join the settlement
    4) spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to do that
    5) gave up and am going to sleep

=p
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    I've been following this for a good while, kinda ###### you have to fork over chase to even try it.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730138:date=Oct 2 2009, 02:50 PM:name=Liku)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Liku @ Oct 2 2009, 02:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730138"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've been following this for a good while, kinda ###### you have to fork over chase to even try it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did you even READ the blurb about asking for money for the Alpha?
    The money basically enables this solo developer to BUY servers for hosting them for people to play / test and provide feedback on... and allow him to get some real statistics on performance at any given time of the day. Who knows, he may increase server caps from 200 (capped at 250 for friends to join) to higher than that again when he gets more server/client optimisations done. But he can't do that unless he's hosting servers, getting statistics and paying for those servers.

I've paid for an alpha access and will be jumping in later tonight. :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1730146:date=Oct 2 2009, 01:14 AM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Oct 2 2009, 01:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730146"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you even READ the blurb about asking for money for the Alpha?
    The money basically enables this solo developer to BUY servers for hosting them for people to play / test and provide feedback on... and allow him to get some real statistics on performance at any given time of the day. Who knows, he may increase server caps from 200 (capped at 250 for friends to join) to higher than that again when he gets more server/client optimisations done. But he can't do that unless he's hosting servers, getting statistics and paying for those servers.

I've paid for an alpha access and will be jumping in later tonight. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think the 200 thing is more based on game balance as he sees it.

The servers run great as is (UK2 got decently crowded).

Some more random stuff:
    1) Issues with interacting with buildings
    The solution is 2 fold. The first is to bounce around like an idiot and spam LMB/1-4 depending on the problem. The 2nd, which works more often than not is to get on top of the building and look down.
    this holds true for: Joining a Settlement, Picking up a token, Getting a position via the binocs

2) Swimming:
    Find a Swim gear token, equip it, get into water, face up and hold LMB, and move forward. This worked for me, I didn't test it much as swimming got me shot at by the AI, you may or may not need to do ALL of those steps. This does NOT apply to diving (when you die in water it mentions diving and swimming as different things), if you have swim gear and dive, you die.

3) New info on Settlements via twitter:
    Join a Settlement by walking into it.
    New Settlement with spawn when 10 people have joined one.
    Curbing how much geometry modification we can do.
    Geometry modification now costs energy.