ABLEns going eSport - hiring talented people.

GISPGISP Battle GorgeDenmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
ABLEns is well established NS community who been around since the vary begining.
We house one of the most played NS servers in europe, and is currently funded by donations from the players.

We at ABLEns.net are hoping that NS2 will evolve into a eSports community, where pro teams participate in big turnaments such as CPL and WCG.
Becouse of that we are looking for talented dedicated people to help us make this a reality.

We are currently hiring the following:
1 PR agent.
1 Team managers.
1 Community admin.
6 Players.
1 Legal adviser.
X server admins.

PR agent: ( acountant )
Promote ABLE and the esports team and NS2.
Get sponsorships: funding, training server / war server, ffa server(s), gear ( t-shirts, computer gear, etc. etc. ).
Make turnaments whit sponsored price money, ( or gear / other awards ).
Make promotional materials.
Set up a ABLEshop where people may buy ABLE merchandice

Team Manager:
Make tactics for all maps, exercice thoes tactics whit the players.
Set up training sceduals, turnament registrations, transportation/housing ( if LAN ).

Community admin.
Experienced website/forum admin working full time to keep us up to date whit everything!
Assemple a (free) staff of admins under him.
Make and manage FAQ and Q&A.

The players:
Seasoned and skilled players who can compeat amonst the best of the best. ( full time ofcouse )

Legal advisor:
A "dude" to make our terms of use, and end user license agreement ( TOU / EULA ). Contracts whit staff and players.

Server admins.
Staff of admins to monitor games( pro team matches, ffa server ). Record the games for promotional usage and reviews to better the players.

If you think you got what it takes to fill any of thies possitions.
PM me here or email me at gisp@ablens.net

(Any and all payments to the staff is purly funded by the sponsorships, Turnament prices, the ABLEshop and donations made by community members.)

Comments

• MikeyTWolfMikeyTWolf Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67665Members
    edited September 2009
    First of all, the first person you should hire, straight away, without a doubt, is a Spell Checker. :P

Secondly, wow, talk about counting your eggs before the space chickens have been imported from Alpha Centuri. You want to establish a clan, get sponserships for it, set up shop, and play for cash prises at Quakecon and the WCGs? Before chosen dedicated game is even near alpha yet? Christ, good luck with that, but I'd think you'd get a much more realistic chance of that happening if you virtually bought out at least half of UWE first, and they'd probably lose their "Indie" status methinks.

Thirdly, I haven't taken a business course, but why would those in your employ require a TOS and a EULA? I thought that a TOS would apply to customers, not payed members and staff since they're working for your service, not using it, and a EULA if you haven't yet/planned to produce and release NS2 or some other software that is released to the general public? (NB: Check grammar)

Fourthly, when did online eSports and official leagues have official clans of their own (I haven't seen a ENSL Clan anywhere)? Or are you a clan that wishes to promote NS2 to the state of it being played at the WCG and QC level games? If the latter, why should you take all the credit, and why is this posted here in NS2 discussion instead of the NS2 e-team forum?

Confused. :S
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    First of all, as an old clan player I obviously support your idea to establish a new team.
    However I think your plan is a little bit too advanced for NS2.
    If NS2's competitive scene is going to be anywhere around the size of NS1's, you won't need that many non-player positions.
    I don't know any NS1 clan that had a sponsor, so the PR agent and legal adviser positions seem a bit artificial.
    Same goes for the team manager. Some NS1 teams had one, but usually that was also a regular player.

My advice is to just get 6 players (or whatever NS2 requires) and see where that leads you.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    This is probably the funniest thing I've read in 2009.
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    edited September 2009
    A few points:

ABLE has probably burnt all bridges with the current competitive community for having such ridiculous servers and admins.

Anyone wanting to be taken seriously about competitive play would both use a spellchecker and not post an open hiring message on the public, official game forums and would most likely succeed through networking with other players.

For smaller communities (ie not CS) and pretty much any team without a sponsor (every NS team ever, although we nearly got QPad mousemats once...) will have no need for any of your positions except 6x Players, except MAYBE a webmaster but only because you guys already have a community.

A bunch more stuff about acting a certain way if you want to be taken seriously.

That said, I will bring you a team of awesome players based in Europe if you pay us.

edit:

"A "dude" to make our terms of use, and end user license agreement ( TOU / EULA ). Contracts whit staff and players." lol what?

also, the CPL doesn't exist any more. I dont think this post is entirely serious!
    edited September 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1729816:date=Sep 30 2009, 04:03 PM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Sep 30 2009, 04:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729816"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->edit:

"A "dude" to make our terms of use, and end user license agreement ( TOU / EULA ). Contracts whit staff and players." lol what?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, don't you remember the first day at work, where company policy was to sell all employee's souls to the boss, who would then use them for his own ends with deals with Satan? It had torture parties in the offices and everything!

...Because I sure as hell don't, especially since I'm still doing time in higher education, pre-University...
    What exactly are you offering all these people? What do you bring to this deal? Why shouldn't they all just get together and make their own team if theyre going to be paying themselves, basically?
  • OpprobriousOpprobrious Join Date: 2008-11-17 Member: 65483Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1729820:date=Sep 30 2009, 11:33 AM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Sep 30 2009, 11:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729820"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What exactly are you offering all these people? What do you bring to this deal? Why shouldn't they all just get together and make their own team if theyre going to be paying themselves, basically?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Hire" implies that they will pay.

That's a good enough motivation for anyone.

Do you have regional restrictions OP?
    <!--quoteo(post=1729821:date=Sep 30 2009, 04:42 PM:name=Opprobrious)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opprobrious @ Sep 30 2009, 04:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729821"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Hire" implies that they will pay.

That's a good enough motivation for anyone.

Do you have regional restrictions OP?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteBegin-ABLEns+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ABLEns)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(Any and all payments to the staff is purly funded by the sponsorships, Turnament prices, the ABLEshop and donations made by community members.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You'd be surprised how much money these pub communities can hoard off of gouging their subscribers. Just ask g4b2s.
  • aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Members, Constellation
    edited September 2009
    Sending my resume to G4B2S as I type this.

e: LOOK OUT WCG
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    It's an ambitious goal, though those are sometimes the best kind. I'd love to see NS2 become an eSport.

Like others said though, use spell checkers... They're even built in to most of the major browsers nowadays.

This struck me as amusing:
    <!--quoteo(post=1729802:date=Sep 30 2009, 06:37 AM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Sep 30 2009, 06:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The players:
    Seasoned and skilled players who can compeat amonst the best of the best. ( full time ofcouse )<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There are NO seasoned or skilled players. NS2 has not been released, and no one (save Charlie, Max, etc) has played it.
    You can try to make the assumption that good NS1 players will be able to translate some of that skill to NS2... It's probably a fair assumption because some elements are going to be similar, like the ability to track moving objects on screen vertically and horizontally; but we really don't know how much will be able to translate.

The best players could end up being ones that never played NS1!
    <!--quoteo(post=1729828:date=Sep 30 2009, 12:17 PM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Sep 30 2009, 12:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's an ambitious goal, though those are sometimes the best kind. I'd love to see NS2 become an eSport.

Like others said though, use spell checkers... They're even built in to most of the major browsers nowadays.

This struck me as amusing:

There are NO seasoned or skilled players. NS2 has not been released, and no one (save Charlie, Max, etc) has played it.
    You can try to make the assumption that good NS1 players will be able to translate some of that skill to NS2... It's probably a fair assumption because some elements are going to be similar, like the ability to track moving objects on screen vertically and horizontally; but we really don't know how much will be able to translate.

<b>The best players could end up being ones that never played NS1!</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While the last statement is certainly true, I don't think you understand the quality of players that have played competitive NS.

For example, the NS Cal-delta(invite league champs) started a cs:s team and eventually made cal:i.

It's safe bet that the highest level competitive players of NS1 will be there in NS2, should they play it.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Yup, that's why I did mention the transferability of skills from NS1 to NS2. I'm sure the same applies from NS to CS... even moreso, possibly, because NS players are probably more adept at teamwork than CS players.
  • tjosantjosan Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1729866:date=Sep 30 2009, 07:52 PM:name=tjosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tjosan @ Sep 30 2009, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729866"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is not true.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

HOLY SHI- I mean! It's...! But...! How-how-how... how it's...! OMG!!!!1!1one!

Elaborate please dear Watson, or, as I believe the locals may say, Gee Tee Eff Oh.
    CS has been played professionally at a very very high level for at least 6 years. When everyone's aim is so good the only difference is teamwork and strats?
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I'm pretty meticulous, can be very anal and thorough when interpreting the use of language, is that what you want in a person to create your TOS? 'Cause screwing people over to play a game for free and saying "HEY YOU CANT LEAVE US NOW!!!!!1111" is pretty special.
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
    How much do I get paid?
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1729816:date=Sep 30 2009, 05:03 PM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Sep 30 2009, 05:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729816"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone wanting to be taken seriously about competitive play would both use a spellchecker and not post an open hiring message on the public, official game forums and would most likely succeed through networking with other players.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not gaming related but pretty much on the same theme but to this I reply to you with X-Factor, Pop Idol and all those other talent searching competition crap thingies which got lots of talent from a specific field from openly going to the biggest source of media it could possibly exploit to openly ask for talent.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Yeah we are out early when considering NS2 isnt even in alpha yet. And no, this isnt a way for me to just make money of other peoples hard work. ( all money earned one way or the other will be used on the community, server rentals, and hopefully some money to the people listed in the original post. - rest assure that every cent will go to the people who actualy earned em...
    But as a established community we do have a head start and would like to see NS2 grow beyond and above games like CS and Halo in reguards to competetiv play :)

By making a competativ team, before NS2 even has been launched. I hope that the general eSports communities will atleast notis NS2 as early as posible, as a competativ game whit a bright future in the eSport world.

That said... Yeah its a "wish list", but atleast we are taking some initiativ to make this little dream come true!
    As of now we have kept ABLEns going by donations and our own money.

What i personaly would like to see for ABLE, is it to be fully self funded and whit that, getting even more servers up and running. A eSports team to represent ABLE is a way to do that...
    Man... you already got like 10 posts mentioning your spelling. You could have at least tried to do better.
  • glimmermanglimmerman Join Date: 2004-04-29 Member: 28300Members, Constellation
    FYI people take you more seriously when you can spell correectly.
  • [WHO]Mr.Black[WHO]Mr.Black Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67841Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1729930:date=Sep 30 2009, 07:09 PM:name=glimmerman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glimmerman @ Sep 30 2009, 07:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FYI people take you more seriously when you can spell correectly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    waht does u maens?
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1729930:date=Sep 30 2009, 07:09 PM:name=glimmerman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glimmerman @ Sep 30 2009, 07:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FYI people take you more seriously when you can spell correectly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah. Thread over.

I find the goal to be a good one, but if you can't act professionally, even though we all warned you after your first post... I have absolutely no faith that you will be able to accomplish your goals. Maybe you should add a new job to that first post along the lines of "my replacement".

I love the idea, but ABLEns is not going eSport.
    Your community is your community. Generally speaking a lot of communities, the majority are self-funded. I think your goal and ideals are completely different to what you actually want them to be and it's not going anywhere. Just find a bunch of guys you like playing with and play.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    In ABLE's defense, they appear to mean well. Unfortunately for them, this has fail written all over it.
  • ThrillseekerThrillseeker Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60593Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1729913:date=Oct 1 2009, 12:29 AM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Oct 1 2009, 12:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What i personaly would like to see for ABLE, is it to be fully self funded and whit that, getting even more servers up and running. A eSports team to represent ABLE is a way to do that...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd like to see less able servers really. 1 is too much already... no offence.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1729986:date=Oct 1 2009, 04:57 PM:name=Thrillseeker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrillseeker @ Oct 1 2009, 04:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1729986"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd like to see less able servers really. 1 is too much already... no offence.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why would you say something like that? And yes i am offended by that, we are doing our best.
    Trow in some ideas on how we can better ourselfs and the server and we gladly consider em.
  • ThrillseekerThrillseeker Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60593Members
    Remove custom maps, remove 90% of plugins, remove 50% of admins. It took you guys like a year to see fishbone was abusive, banning people for having an opinion, and i guess it takes you another year to finally see how bad joojamoi is too. It's sad how they both have poisoned your server for years. GISP it's nothing personal, don't take offense, you just need to reconstruct you staff and tweak the server some more. I have no issues with you, or your -head- admins. I'm not really gonna discuss this anymore. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.