NS server list does not appear

iskunderiskunder Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68414Members
I start the game up and the server list does not appear.

Comments

• DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm having the same problem. Not just with NS but all my steam games.

After checking the steam forums, it appears that others are too. Hopefully those clowns at steam will get this fixed soon.

But if you are registered over there, it might not hurt to post in the thread that has started, just to draw more attention to the issue.
  • iskunderiskunder Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68414Members
    Yeah will do. by the way its been like this for a couple days now I think.
  • DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, I first noticed it this weekend, but was content to play servers in my favorites list, as they still showed up. I didn't get a chance to run through the issue until today, so I let it slide. I've spent all day trouble shooting on my end only to realize it's a steam issue.
  • iskunderiskunder Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68414Members
    Yeah, its not the first time steam has pulled something like this. They release numerous patches that conflict with existing games. I hope it gets fixed within the next few hours. some of my 1.6 games still work.
  • quatermassquatermass Join Date: 2008-05-06 Member: 64220Members
    Unfortunately this bug is still with us...

I've asked Steam support for help. Don't hold your breath...
  • FraxinusFraxinus Join Date: 2008-03-02 Member: 63783Members, Constellation
    Are you using a static IP for bittorrent? This has always been the problem every time I've had this issue.
  • wankalotwankalot Join Date: 2005-02-05 Member: 39872Members
    Yep, having same problem, which is annoying considering i only had one ns server fav. set

Solutions in the meantime:

Go to server websites and collect server ips off the net, then add to favorites

example: 2 main server providers for ns in Aus. are internode and gamearena, so i went to the respective websites where there is a list of ips for individual servers. Apart from that, just curse steam.... :/
    <!--quoteo(post=1722394:date=Aug 13 2009, 02:07 AM:name=Fraxinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fraxinus @ Aug 13 2009, 02:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1722394"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you using a static IP for bittorrent? This has always been the problem every time I've had this issue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bittorrent isn't running when I run Steam.
    <!--quoteo(post=1722448:date=Aug 13 2009, 03:52 AM:name=wankalot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wankalot @ Aug 13 2009, 03:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1722448"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yep, having same problem, which is annoying considering i only had one ns server fav. set<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not look in the History tab?
    My recent games are still listed there, perhaps yours is too?
  • knightwar86knightwar86 Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68381Members
    well im having the same problem like the person who started this topic and when i click history it still doesnt show up my recent games
    Got this from Steam Support this morning. Worked for me.

<b>
    Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:
    Hello Stuart,
    Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
    Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
    Delete all of the files in this folder except:
    The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)
    Restart your computer and test the issue.
    Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.
    Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
    </b>

I lost all my Favs and history and I had to re-enter my Steam username and password.
  • vbsbbvbsbb Join Date: 2005-03-14 Member: 45319Members
    does this work? need feed back please
  • FraxinusFraxinus Join Date: 2008-03-02 Member: 63783Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1722542:date=Aug 13 2009, 03:53 AM:name=quatermass)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (quatermass @ Aug 13 2009, 03:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1722542"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bittorrent isn't running when I run Steam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I never ran it when I played either but it (static ip) still seemed to muck with my server list.