Some questions

znakeeyeznakeeye Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68355Members
Decoda is very new to me, and I'm not sure I've fully understand how it works. Can you please enlighten me?Is it possible to incorporate Decoda in my software like so:1) Is it possible to instansiate the editor inside my application? (Like a normal richedit control.)2) Is it possible to, inside my application, set breakpoints and debug/break when hit?Basically, I want my users to be able to edit my scripts and set breakpoints if necessary (for debugging).

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1720711:date=Aug 5 2009, 02:52 AM:name=znakeeye)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (znakeeye @ Aug 5 2009, 02:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1720711"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Decoda is very new to me, and I'm not sure I've fully understand how it works. Can you please enlighten me?Is it possible to incorporate Decoda in my software like so:1) Is it possible to instansiate the editor inside my application? (Like a normal richedit control.)2) Is it possible to, inside my application, set breakpoints and debug/break when hit?Basically, I want my users to be able to edit my scripts and set breakpoints if necessary (for debugging).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There's no way to embed Decoda into your application; it runs externally sort of like Microsoft Visual Studio.