Cut the BS!

S!KS!K Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68024Members
Wow. They say they have all models completed except the fade.... I'm sure they mean they drew what all the models are supposed to look like. They keep releasing these drawings that.... look pretty nice... but mean absolutely nothing. Think about it. I could do the same thing... and be like... "this is what I'm expecting on my game." How about they stop that joke.... and release that stuff in action, in game, and say "this is it."

This is making me glad that I haven't pre-ordered... because they are making it look like they haven't gotten crap done.

They are still working on the engine. They haven't even completed all the models. They say they're minimalists... then come up with new ideas everyday, which will never let the game be released. They release doodles.... and no action ( OOOh... the onos!). They release video casts with things that probably took them five minutes to create after working on the engine.

STOP ###### TEASING.

give us some dough!

Comments

• PolskaPolska Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10782Members
    Well if you don't like what you see (or don't see) then don't buy until it is released. They have alot to lose if their first retail product is a flop, so I am sure they are working their buns off. I for one believe they will release a product I will be happy with, and hopefully I can continue to support them for years to come with their future projects.
  • briktalbriktal Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20021Members, Constellation
    edited July 2009
    <!--coloro:grey--><span style="color:grey"><!--/coloro-->I say leave the BS!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

~~Sickle~~
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    Patience is a virtue.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1719000:date=Jul 23 2009, 04:24 PM:name=KungFuDiscoMonkey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KungFuDiscoMonkey @ Jul 23 2009, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719000"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Patience is a virtue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I figured that would be accompanied by a lock?
  • briktalbriktal Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20021Members, Constellation
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1719001:date=Jul 4 2525, 04:25 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Jul 4 2525, 04:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I figured that would be accompanied by a lock?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:grey--><span style="color:grey"><!--/coloro-->~patience~ and logic don't always mix.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

~~Sickle~~
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    This is why game companies rarely let the general public insight into their projects. Lionhead studios made that mistake with Black and White, and although a great game, a lot of people were let down by all the features the devs talked about and had to drop, because at the time is was just 4 guys and 4 computers.

Although lucky for us, any features which don't make release will probably come in an update, after all the game is being made in easily configurable code and the devs have a history of supporting their game.
  • oblivion is at handoblivion is at hand Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67833Members
    edited July 2009
    It seems logical for a developer to limit the amount of media they release. Otherwise, they have nothing new to show to keep people interested. Its hard enough for Unknown Worlds to get the media to take them seriously, even when they exhibit things like the teaser and the onos clip.

Just look at terribly written IGN article. No one gives a crap, and they would care even less if they had nothing "exclusive" to show. Flayra's blog post suggests they didn't to read what he sent them, much less bother to read anything on the site. No alien commander... Really?

I will admit some worry though, Fall is quickly approaching.
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I bet NS2 will be postponed until 2010. But I don't really care. as long as the game will be good and it's not gonna take another 2 years. it's all good. Can't wait and take your time!! :)
    Plus it's only 20$. who cares. as long as it's gonna help them work on the game, let them have it. they deserve it!!
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I hope you eat your words when NS2 is released. I hope so much, then you can look back on this thread and think "Oh..."
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I strongly doubt that they "come up with new ideas everyday, which will never let the game be released". What you're seeing through the blogs and Twitter are a mere fraction of the work going on.

More likely than not, they only release any info after it's well in the works. So, this welder may not be completely modeled, but I bet it's being worked on, animated, and code for it has already made its way in. It's just that the only GRAPHICAL asset they have right now is the concept stuff.
  • XeZoXeZo Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1719023:date=Jul 23 2009, 10:37 PM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Jul 23 2009, 10:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719023"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope you eat your words when NS2 is released. I hope so much, then you can look back on this thread and think "Oh..."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:lawngreen--><span style="color:lawngreen"><!--/coloro-->
    yeah, look back and weep!
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited July 2009
    Aliens don't need a "Fade"... they already have an un-killable onos tank that can clean every hallway as if the marine team was AFK...

I propose we cut the fade from NS2 to save time and money (don't even waste time on some concept art and start to save now... that's the power of oxy clean)... instead the new onos can blink / fly... we can call it a FaOs or a OnoAde.

Heck they don't even need a Lork... just give the onos a way to fart out green gas.

And we don't need a gorge because the skulk can just have a way to heal spray...

Marines don't need jetpants because in NS2 they can climb on walls like spiderman... they'll need that ability to hide from the new all-star alien team by getting into some vents!

I love NS2... marine phasers will dominate!!! xD

Multiple Commanders... i need more taser electrodes!!!!!!!111!!
  • S!KS!K Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68024Members
    You know what, I really hope I eat my words when NS2 is released. I hope I F**** choke on them. I'm just saying. I would rather see an actually in-engine model then a drawing. I say this because I know it would only take them about 5 minutes to make that happen.

I'm pretty sure I've seen everything there is to see about the game. I've seen the marine walking around from third-person, I've seen the siege cannon actually activate (with the movement and everything... which looked orgasmic). I would just like to see a little more.

I know they are trying to make it have the same feel as NS1, but I'd like to see how close to it they are. Even though I expect it to be 100% different feel from NS1, I have the open mind that this game is a standalone, and not a mod. I also have an open mind that this game is going to have a way larger community for that reason, and that teamwork is going to be so much more in-depth. Strategy in NS1 is going to be nothing compared to the strategy in NS2, especially if skulks probably can't bunny hop (booo, booooo, booooooooooo.... but wait, they have leap from the start, ah ha!).

I'm not ######, I just want to see more.

There is nothing worse than being blue-balled :P... pretty unforgivable.
  • S!KS!K Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68024Members
    lol, focusedwolf.

If I don't see a fade in NS2, I will blame it on you, hunt you down, and murder your family :P

I like the marines climbing walls like spiderman, and hiding in vents. it's genial!!!!111
  • EmanonEmanon Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16254Members, Constellation
    I dont see any commercials about Christmas toy's either, no one is making any toys this year?!!?!!!?!!!

Product promotion is all about building momentum, I doubt we will see any truely significant info/releases prior to a month before game release. or whatever the industry accepted timing for a media blitz.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719184:date=Jul 24 2009, 01:50 PM:name=S!K)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S!K @ Jul 24 2009, 01:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol, focusedwolf.

If I don't see a fade in NS2, I will blame it on you, hunt you down, and murder your family :P

I like the marines climbing walls like spiderman, and hiding in vents. it's genial!!!!111<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

xD
  • TempesT487TempesT487 Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67195Members, NS2 Playtester
    We all must remain patient. We hear constantly that they have written up a schedule and are completing tasks on time. Yes, there seems to be a lack of content being displayed but we should feel lucky we are being shown what we have. Have faith and be optimistic! The game will be completed by the release date, and if not then, shortly after.
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    Be thankful that this community isn't like some other communities where the slightest mention of "Give us media!" or "When is the game coming out?" warrants an immediate deletion of the post and/or ban :)
    As mentioned before.

Patience is a virtue. Virtue is a grace. Grace is my grandma, who didn't wash her face!
  • NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719254:date=Jul 25 2009, 12:22 AM:name=Dalin Seivewright)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dalin Seivewright @ Jul 25 2009, 12:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719254"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Be thankful that this community isn't like some other communities where the slightest mention of "Give us media!" or "When is the game coming out?" warrants an immediate deletion of the post and/or ban :)
    As mentioned before.

Patience is a virtue. Virtue is a grace. Grace is my grandma, who didn't wash her face!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

agree, witch i love too "creep" around here. And how clean it is too.

But most stun is that all posts are "constructive"..
  • DruBoDruBo Back In Beige Join Date: 2002-02-06 Member: 172Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1719184:date=Jul 24 2009, 12:50 PM:name=S!K)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S!K @ Jul 24 2009, 12:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol, focusedwolf.

If I don't see a fade in NS2, I will blame it on you, hunt you down, and murder your family :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think you need to worry about focusedwolf's suggestions making a huge impact on the game.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    finished models does not mean finished animations.

big difference.
  • Nima_Nima_ Join Date: 2007-08-30 Member: 62083Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2009
    To quote good ol' Schwarzenegger...

<strike>STOP WHINING<a href="http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2009-07-27_418574804127171/movies/kindergarten_cop/stop_whining_x.wav" target="_blank">!</a></strike> <-- Gah it turned into a Amazon redirect...

Youtube to the rescue with fake Arny...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw</a>
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1718980:date=Jul 24 2009, 05:43 AM:name=S!K)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S!K @ Jul 24 2009, 05:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718980"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->QQ<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHptG35EWU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHptG35EWU</a>
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1719279:date=Jul 25 2009, 02:45 PM:name=NeXuZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeXuZ @ Jul 25 2009, 02:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719279"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But most stun is that all posts are "constructive"..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How dare you I do my utmost to never be constructive at all. Heck, that Ninji kid called me "Dream crusher" and he's totally a citable source. I will not stand for such kind words! You should be ashamed.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1720093:date=Jul 30 2009, 11:17 AM:name=Tesseract)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract @ Jul 30 2009, 11:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1720093"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How dare you I do my utmost to never be constructive at all. Heck, that Ninji kid called me "Dream crusher" and he's totally a citable source. I will not stand for such kind words! You should be ashamed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tessers is a sound and reliable individual with intelligent and rational ideas. He attempts to portray a front of a vile, pointless troll, however his inner intelligence can not be restrained.
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    Whoa, whoa, <b><i>pointless</i></b>?
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719001:date=Jul 23 2009, 04:25 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Jul 23 2009, 04:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I figured that would be accompanied by a lock?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Reading over the thread again, it should have been.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    <!--quoteo(post=1720119:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Sirot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sirot @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1720119"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Reading over the thread again, it should have been.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought I'd leave it and see if it turned into a reasonable discussion. I'll fix that mistake now.
This discussion has been closed.