Help me I SUCK!

IcyScytheIcyScythe Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34126Members
Hey guys,

Just started playing NS after a long break... I'm really struggling to get even close to as good as most of the players out there, especially as alien (which I prefer by far cause it's so unique).

Can anyone give me some tips?

Especially with fade, I was spectating some really good fade players and I just can't see how they manage to blink RIGHT to where the marine is so precisely, hit him a couple times, and blink out barely taking any damage. This is a problem for me with skulk as well, I tend to overshoot a lot of times, running so fast and missing with my bites, or leaping and overshooting.

How do the best players make it so seamless (switching between leap/blink and attack) and manage to get so close to the marines, exactly where they need to be? Are they running scripts or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ever since NS 3.2, they added a bind key for Alien movement abilities (blink and leap). The default is 'r'. So every time you're fading and hold down 'r', you will start blinking. Same goes for skulk while leaping. So while using 'r', you can do a quick switch between metabolize, and swipe. Hope that helps you out.
  • IcyScytheIcyScythe Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34126Members
    Thanks.

Any tips on how good alien players seem to always land exactly where they need to? I overshoot a TON!!
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1717194:date=Jul 14 2009, 09:07 AM:name=IcyScythe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IcyScythe @ Jul 14 2009, 09:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1717194"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks.

Any tips on how good alien players seem to always land exactly where they need to? I overshoot a TON!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Practice ?

I believe you can press backwards and slow down your forward movement? Been a while since playing NS, but I've done it in many other games... Prototype being the latest and quite successfully landing on the spot I desire despite having to aim for a small gap.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Find the right mouse sensitivity.
  • asmodeeasmodee Join Date: 2007-06-20 Member: 61317Members, Constellation
    bind mouse2 +movement
    turn off your mouse acceleration
    practice