What was BUS?

XenoXeno Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2343Members
Yeah, been gone a long time. I remember this secret system Flayra kept talking about but keeping it a secret. What was BUS in the end anyways? He ever reveal it?

Comments

• CheetahCheetah Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1129Members
    What a great question! I've been lurking these forums pretty faithfully since before NS was released and this is one mystery I'd love to see solved. Can anyone shed any light on this? Maybe even Flayra himself?
  • glimmermanglimmerman Join Date: 2004-04-29 Member: 28300Members, Constellation
    remains a mystery to this day...
  • TrojanTrojan Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4611Members
    BUS was quite literally a bus. The marine commander could drop an extended version of the command chair, and hop in. The marines could also jump into extra seats in the back, seating up to 4-8 (with upgrades). The advantage here was that this chair could be driven around the map, and the marines riding shotgun got free shotguns.

Marines could also jump outside the BUS while it was moving to gain extra resources in style points. The faster you ghost ride the whip, the more resources and cred you get.

Kharaa would do well to fear the mighty 'rine bus rollin' into their hood.

Why it was never included I dont know, it would have added copious amounts of depth and strategy to the game!
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I was just asking this on #naturalselection a couple days ago

I theorize it was global stats of pwnage, but the BUS got ran over by ns2/ZoS
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    It also came with a system of new voice commands. If the marines weren't following orders, the comm had options to say things like "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!" or "damn kids...(swig)"
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    trojan aka priscilla
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    The bus is working as intended.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
  • solcottsolcott Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22307Members
    Isn't it obvious by now? The BUS is the <!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>B</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->lack armour <!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>U</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->pgrade for <!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>S</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->pecial Edition
  • BombBomb Australia Join Date: 2003-02-20 Member: 13766Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Invader_ScootInvader_Scoot Join Date: 2003-10-13 Member: 21669Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well it was renamed to the Nexus... I'm pretty sure that was the last bit of info to come our way.