Spawning hives?

slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I'm currently trying to figure out how to have a hive be spawned without using cheats, and without having the aliens drop it manually with their resources (gorging then dropping).

I've tried turning off Smart Edit on a hive and giving it a targetname of test1 and setting up a button, breakable, and weldpoint to see if it would spawn the hive, and it doesn't.

I know there's an entity called the env_script, but I don't know what it does, but I assume it can be used to do certain things in the game for special effects or something?

Please give me any ideas or suggestions you have. I have heard that AMXX can do wonders, but I don't know how to code anything with AMXX, but if you know someone, or if you can do it yourself, I would very much like to ask you to help me with these hives.

Please help!

Comments

• GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    NS has changed the way hives work since 3.x so I'm not sure it's possible with pure map logic anymore. Most every NS structure has the spawnflag mask of 1 which makes the specified entity start built, but the last time I tried this with a hive, it didn't work properly. You can try disabling smart edit and adding the key "spawnflags" and set it to "1" and see if the hive starts built.

The only other alternative would be to make it a co_ map or use AMXX. The coders at www.nsmod.org may be able to write you a script to do such things, but I wouldn't rely on it too much.