Couple issues with the new update

StarCrunchStarCrunch Join Date: 2009-01-20 Member: 66140Members
Hi.

I updated and ran across a couple of issues.

I had my color scheme set up where I had a black background and everything else made to contrast with this. However, the cursor now seems to be a black
rectangle and it was pretty much invisible (you could just see a little hint of it on some characters). Unless I missed something obvious, there isn't a way to
change the cursor color.

Dragging and dropping of a block of code (i.e. a block selected with the mouse) doesn't seem to work any more.

After an attempt to do so, however, an Undo will paste a copy of the selection.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1705053:date=Apr 16 2009, 08:13 AM:name=StarCrunch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StarCrunch @ Apr 16 2009, 08:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1705053"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi.

I updated and ran across a couple of issues.

I had my color scheme set up where I had a black background and everything else made to contrast with this. However, the cursor now seems to be a black
    rectangle and it was pretty much invisible (you could just see a little hint of it on some characters). Unless I missed something obvious, there isn't a way to
    change the cursor color.

Dragging and dropping of a block of code (i.e. a block selected with the mouse) doesn't seem to work any more.

After an attempt to do so, however, an Undo will paste a copy of the selection.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to fix these issues quickly.
  • phillipfoosephillipfoose Join Date: 2009-04-22 Member: 67246Members
    Just installed decoda, and it asked if I want to upgrade to 1.12 build 1030. After chosing to do so I get this error -

Extracting msvcp80.dll...
    Extracting Decoda.exe...
    Couldn't write to C:\Program Files\Decoda\Decoda.exe, installation aborted
    Backup restored
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1705513:date=Apr 22 2009, 08:08 AM:name=phillipfoose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phillipfoose @ Apr 22 2009, 08:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1705513"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just installed decoda, and it asked if I want to upgrade to 1.12 build 1030. After chosing to do so I get this error -

Extracting msvcp80.dll...
    Extracting Decoda.exe...
    Couldn't write to C:\Program Files\Decoda\Decoda.exe, installation aborted
    Backup restored<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did you install from the download on our site (http://www.unknownworlds.com/decoda/download)? The installer has the latest version so it shouldn't ask to update. As for why the update failed, did you have another instance of Decoda running? What OS are you using?
  • phillipfoosephillipfoose Join Date: 2009-04-22 Member: 67246Members
    edited April 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1705519:date=Apr 22 2009, 09:37 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Apr 22 2009, 09:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1705519"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you install from the download on our site (http://www.unknownworlds.com/decoda/download)? The installer has the latest version so it shouldn't ask to update. As for why the update failed, did you have another instance of Decoda running? What OS are you using?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I ran the installer from a copy someone else in the company had.

I'll go ahead and download the new installer from the website.

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3 32 bit version.

It turns out I did have another copy of decoda running (though it was frozen and had no visible UI).
  • awrightivawrightiv Join Date: 2009-02-02 Member: 66270Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1705054:date=Apr 16 2009, 11:20 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Apr 16 2009, 11:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1705054"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to fix these issues quickly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hey Max. I'm with StarCrunch on the black-cursor-on-black-background problem. I'd love to see a fix for this.