When using blink with Fade, computer freezes and screen is really bight

FlipsterFlipster Join Date: 2009-02-18 Member: 66469Members
When using Fade, if I use blink, it freezes my computer and then my screen is really bright and all messed up. I have jsut downlaoded Natural Selection again and I used to play about a year ago and it never happened to me a year ago but its happening to me now. Also, it happens to me on my laptop and my computer and both of them have Windows XP. Can someone please help me?

Comments

• FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    use +movement instead of the selecting slot 2 and blinking.

By defaults its the same as your reload key.
  • FlipsterFlipster Join Date: 2009-02-18 Member: 66469Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1701176:date=Feb 23 2009, 02:37 AM:name=Faskalia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faskalia @ Feb 23 2009, 02:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1701176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->use +movement instead of the selecting slot 2 and blinking.

By defaults its the same as your reload key.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay what do you mean by that is that like a certain key on my keyboard that you have to press and if so, will the problem go away bevause this is really upsetting me.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    edited February 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1701187:date=Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM:name=Flipster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flipster @ Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1701187"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Okay what do you mean by that is that like a certain key on my keyboard that you have to press and if so, will the problem go away bevause this is really upsetting me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    go into console and type

bind <key> +movement

Where <key> is, replace it with a key on your keyboard (or mouse) that you wish to use to blink with. I use MOUSE4, makes blinking (and leaping, charging etc) very easy

I have no idea if this will help your problem however...
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    the crashing with blink is known, the movement should remedy it

do you have cl_musicenabled set to 0 and do you have hud_fastswitch set to 1 ?