Alien Hives

slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2008 in Mapping Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">spawning them?</div>Is it possible to set a trigger to make a Hive spawn without actually having a Gorge drop a Hive?

Also, is it possible to make a certain hive spawn each round, instead of it being random?

Edit: Also, how do I stop entities from firing?

I have a trigger_hurt, sprite, env_explosion, and ambient_generic set up to fire once, and then repeats firing, after the train ends at a certain path_track.

I would like to be able to get it to stop firing once the hive is dead, or it is moved away from that path track.

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Sounds like a nasty set of triggers there.

I'm not sure if you can force the Hive spawn as a map entity. You might have to use a mod in the game code.

As far as stopping entities from firing, why not only fire them while a certain condition is true? How about a trigger when a hitbox is somewhere, or when the train is at that location.

Sorry, my trigger-fu is too rusty to be of much help.
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    AFAIK it's not possible to spawn a hive with map entities. You would either have to have a gorge build it or use something like an AMX plugin to do it.

As for spawning a specific hive instead of random hives, that's not possible either. Again, you would have to use an AMX plugin to do it. If you trigger an env_explosion after the func_tracktrain passes a path_track or path_corner, it should only fire once. If it's firing over and over again, the engine must be bugged.