Ankh SVN Source Control Plugin Not Detected

bennbenn Join Date: 2008-05-31 Member: 64366Members
Greetings -

I'm currently evaluating your product.

First off, the good: The product is excellent and is worth every penny you charge. I'm impressed with the ease of use - it is pick up and go software.

Decoda does not seem to detect the Subversion plugin Ankh SVN on my machine.
Is SCC detection disabled in the evaluation version?
Is it that it's Ankh and not VisualSVN?
Does it work for Ankh SVN 1.0.3?

Environment:
Vista Ultimate 64, SP1 & all updates
Visual Studio 2005 Professional 8.0.50727.867 (vsvista.050727-8600) - SP1 & all updates
Ankh SVN 1.0.2.2778-Final

The SCC plugin issue is a minor one - I intend on purchasing the software.
It has great functionality and costs a fraction of what VSLua does.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1679876:date=May 31 2008, 11:18 AM:name=benn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benn @ May 31 2008, 11:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1679876"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Greetings -

I'm currently evaluating your product.

First off, the good: The product is excellent and is worth every penny you charge. I'm impressed with the ease of use - it is pick up and go software.

Decoda does not seem to detect the Subversion plugin Ankh SVN on my machine.
    Is SCC detection disabled in the evaluation version?
    Is it that it's Ankh and not VisualSVN?
    Does it work for Ankh SVN 1.0.3?

Environment:
    Vista Ultimate 64, SP1 & all updates
    Visual Studio 2005 Professional 8.0.50727.867 (vsvista.050727-8600) - SP1 & all updates
    Ankh SVN 1.0.2.2778-Final

The SCC plugin issue is a minor one - I intend on purchasing the software.
    It has great functionality and costs a fraction of what VSLua does.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks for the kind words. The evaluation version has all of the same features as the registered version, so the problem you're encountering is probably some sort of incompatibility with the Ankh plugin. I'll take a look into it.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I looked into this further, and AnkhSVN will not work with Decoda. Decoda uses MSSCC plugins which is a sort of standard for source control plugins. AnkhSVN appears to be implemented as Visual Studio plugin. Presuably that allows it to integrate with Visual Studio more smoothly, but it also means Decoda can't use it. Sorry!

I don't know if VisualSVN is a SCC plugin, although there are other SCC SVN plugins available.