Marine Siege vs Aliens

kontrolfreekkontrolfreek Join Date: 2008-04-21 Member: 64119Members
Ok, ive been playing a ton of NS lately, mainly against alien bots, so i forgot what it was like being an alien. The other night, we launched up and played like a 3 on 3 game. I know that when you have a larger crowd, the aliens can slow the marines down a little more. What i have noticed tho, regardless how many OCs and DCs i place around the hive, meaning the hallways leading to, the marines seem to easily blow through with sieges and seems a bit unbalanced. As a gorge, if i find a marine set up in a map, its near impossilbe to run in and take it down. My thought is this. One, make a new chamber type that can somehow siege marine equipment, or two, make it so the aliens can infestate the ground and actually have it go around the corner and pretty much start eating away at their structures. I really think something needs to be done to help the gorges out there be able to take out a well defended base, thoughts?

Comments

• aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Members, Constellation
    Guess what a fades and lerks are for.
  • kontrolfreekkontrolfreek Join Date: 2008-04-21 Member: 64119Members
    u ever been a fade and walked around a corner into 10 turrets, dont take long to kill you. also, if there are soldiers present and they have level weapons, one or two shots with the shotty takes out a fade, lerk and sometimes a onos if a turret or two hit him already.
    10 turrets aren't very realistic. By the time the marines would be done building them, you'll have 2 hives and gorge bilebombs. Use fade to cover gorge as gorge bilebombs turrets etc... Marines can't hold a siege vs 2 hive aliens.

Smart fades can hold their own against shotgunners and turrets. Lerks just shred marine res supply, make sure you take down marine rts and you won.
  • Lt_HendricksonLt_Hendrickson Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14761Members
    You are describing a scenerio thats both expensive and time consuming for marines and usually the fall back plan to run and gun in which

A. You should have enough higher alien lifeforms like a couple fade and lerks for umbra and gas (area denial)

or

B. They marines outplayed you fair and square and are taking advantage of this and you deserve to lose at this point.

In Scenerio A it is still fairly matched. The only problem I had with sieges is that they damaged alien life forms but did no friendly fire to human lifeforms. I always thought it should be niether or both unless they are some super sonic thing that only vibrates and shatters the common alien genetic makeup which hey its ok sci fi for me but balance wise FF or no damage IMO.

In Generaly though I found sieging to be extreamly balanced. In clan play I don't recall alot of sieging unless the aliens set up an equally hard to peneatrate defense inside the hive. A few larger aliens surrounded by DCS and more aliens spawning around could be tuff at times. Even then success rate of siege was pretty evenly 50/50 with many casualties on both sides.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1678625:date=May 15 2008, 12:41 AM:name=kontrolfreek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kontrolfreek @ May 15 2008, 12:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1678625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->u ever been a fade and walked<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I read to here and immediatly thought...

Nope...
    <!--quoteo(post=1678893:date=May 19 2008, 11:38 AM:name=PsympleJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PsympleJester @ May 19 2008, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1678893"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I read to here and immediatly thought...

Nope...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Heh, good catch.

Walker fades are the best fades.