Vista Compatibility

Termy58Termy58 Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58102Members
edited February 2008 in Decoda
<div class="IPBDescription">It sucks</div>Every file opened through Windows Explorers has to be asked for administrator access.

I'm pretty sure you can fix this.

Also, I won't buy till it is at the highest 15$

Comments

• the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1671320:date=Feb 23 2008, 07:12 PM:name=Termy58)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Termy58 @ Feb 23 2008, 07:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1671320"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every file opened through Windows Explorers has to be asked for administrator access.

I'm pretty sure you can fix this.

Also, I won't buy till it is at the highest 15$<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In UWE's unoffical defense (my personal opinion), I think your lack of technical data that could be extremely useful in isolating the issue plus an irrelevant red herring comment about you not liking the price yields that you are more likely whining and/or ranting, rather than submitting a legit complaint.

Admittedly, I do not use Vista on my hardware myself but as it becomes more commonplace debugging software that is out there so that it runs better would be prudent. I thought this might be an interesting topic -- until I read your post. Always try to submit as much relevant information as possible, ESPECIALLY if it's a technical software issue your are experiencing.
  • blankthemuffinblankthemuffin Join Date: 2007-10-03 Member: 62528Members
    Just testing, I'd say it's a UAC issue, seems too work fine here with UAC disabled.

Although I haven't tried with it turned on, it's where I'd say the problem lies.
  • sixcornerssixcorners Join Date: 2008-05-03 Member: 64202Members
    Normal programs can't run other programs in admin mode without consent. Try running Decoda with elevated permissions.
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1677474:date=May 3 2008, 12:28 AM:name=sixcorners)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sixcorners @ May 3 2008, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1677474"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Normal programs can't run other programs in admin mode without consent. Try running Decoda with elevated permissions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you can reproduce the bug he's describing then that could be it. He gave almost no information at all, and I don't run Vista on any of my personal systems.