Aliens & Motion Tracking

TheNinthPlayerTheNinthPlayer Join Date: 2002-05-20 Member: 637Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">whats the deal?</div>I am confused on the subject of aliens interaction with motion tracking. How does one avoid being seen on MT.

Comments

• PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    Well most people will say walking will stop mt from picking you up - It doesn't.

Hit your move forward key twice and wait a second, then twice again etc.
    Mt won't pick you up then.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1664370:date=Dec 17 2007, 04:11 AM:name=Prefix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prefix @ Dec 17 2007, 04:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1664370"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well most people will say walking will stop mt from picking you up - It doesn't.

Hit your move forward key twice and wait a second, then twice again etc.
    Mt won't pick you up then.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Walking will work if you're cloaked/and or in the range of a sensory. I think that's where that rumor came from.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    I don't even remember seeing a fix in a changelog for the bug where MT would pick you up if you moved your mouse when elevated above a marine.

Just take celerity and run at full pelt towards the marines. No confusion there.