Decoda with luabind (c/c++)

AticAtacAticAtac Join Date: 2007-11-21 Member: 62978Members
Hi,
i downloaded the trial version and tried to debug my application.
My aim is to continue debugging in the lua-script after my c++ code has called a lua-function through luabind.
Unfortunatly i didn't work. Is this possible with decoda ?

The other way worked fine, where i called a c++-function from the script, the vs 2005 debugger halted on my code.

Any help welcome

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1661422:date=Nov 21 2007, 07:47 AM:name=AticAtac)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AticAtac @ Nov 21 2007, 07:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1661422"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi,
    i downloaded the trial version and tried to debug my application.
    My aim is to continue debugging in the lua-script after my c++ code has called a lua-function through luabind.
    Unfortunatly i didn't work. Is this possible with decoda ?

The other way worked fine, where i called a c++-function from the script, the vs 2005 debugger halted on my code.

Any help welcome<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    LuaBind and breaking on Lua functions called from C++ should work. Are there any errors or warnings printed in the Decoda output window?
  • AticAtacAticAtac Join Date: 2007-11-21 Member: 62978Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1661682:date=Nov 24 2007, 10:02 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Nov 24 2007, 10:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1661682"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LuaBind and breaking on Lua functions called from C++ should work. Are there any errors or warnings printed in the Decoda output window?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thx for the answer. It worked now, i used attach process instead of "Attach System Debugger".

Now i have the problem that it doesn't work if i do all these in vmware,
    i get the following error-message:
    "Error: LuaInject.dll could not be loaded into the process"

Is there a way to do all these in vmware ? Because i moved my dev-environment to vmware.