NS2 will sound good..

tallmidget22tallmidget22 Join Date: 2007-02-03 Member: 59859Members
I think NS2 will be great, and I got a good Headset right now, but I want a great one! I am hoping to get a top notch Head set for around 100$, what does everyone suggest!

Comments

• enf0rcerenf0rcer intrigued... Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14584Members
    I suggest the offtopic forums! Also, use the search feature and you'll find a nice thread on this subject already exists.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1659056:date=Nov 2 2007, 07:33 PM:name=tallmidget22)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tallmidget22 @ Nov 2 2007, 07:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1659056"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think NS2 will be great, and I got a good Headset right now, but I want a great one! I am hoping to get a top notch Head set for around 100$, what does everyone suggest!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sennheiser all the way. Not too expensive and also top of the line performance and sound quality
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edimensional.com.

Interesting. I just checked that site, and they have a new product. I've bought two of the Audio FX microphones over the last 4 years or so; only because i continually tripped over the cables of the first and messed them up.

The Audio FX used to be $80, but its now $50 because they have their new one out. But at $50, you're getting really, really great 5.1 quality as well as mic quality. And the 'force feedback', meaning the insane rumbling that accompanies the bass, is really cool. The headset determines the level of bass, and adds in the rumbling to accompany it. This basically means that, if you're playing NS and a grenade goes off, your head actually shakes. The pop pop pop of the LMG, on the higher vibration setting, actually gives you a light tap tap tap on the back of the head. They're just crazy.

I definitely recommend the Audio FX. The new Audio FX Pro looks sexier and sounds like they're damn good quality, but if the $30 extra means anything to you, the original Audio FX are a fantastic deal.
  • tallmidget22tallmidget22 Join Date: 2007-02-03 Member: 59859Members
    edited November 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1659094:date=Nov 2 2007, 06:43 PM:name=StixNStonz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StixNStonz @ Nov 2 2007, 06:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1659094"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->edimensional.com.

Interesting. I just checked that site, and they have a new product. I've bought two of the Audio FX microphones over the last 4 years or so; only because i continually tripped over the cables of the first and messed them up.

The Audio FX used to be $80, but its now $50 because they have their new one out. But at $50, you're getting really, really great 5.1 quality as well as mic quality. And the 'force feedback', meaning the insane rumbling that accompanies the bass, is really cool. The headset determines the level of bass, and adds in the rumbling to accompany it. This basically means that, if you're playing NS and a grenade goes off, your head actually shakes. The pop pop pop of the LMG, on the higher vibration setting, actually gives you a light tap tap tap on the back of the head. They're just crazy.

I definitely recommend the Audio FX. The new Audio FX Pro looks sexier and sounds like they're damn good quality, but if the $30 extra means anything to you, the original Audio FX are a fantastic deal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I will be buying a pair soon enough!

For any one who cares, they are 31$ a pair on amazon right now, I am about to order them, just type in Audio FX and you will see them.
  • MastodonMastodon Old Fogie Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12052Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1659070:date=Nov 2 2007, 03:12 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kouji_San @ Nov 2 2007, 03:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1659070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sennheiser all the way. Not too expensive and also top of the line performance and sound quality<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

qft
  • tallmidget22tallmidget22 Join Date: 2007-02-03 Member: 59859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1659094:date=Nov 2 2007, 06:43 PM:name=StixNStonz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StixNStonz @ Nov 2 2007, 06:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1659094"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->edimensional.com.

I definitely recommend the Audio FX. The new Audio FX Pro looks sexier and sounds like they're damn good quality, but if the $30 extra means anything to you, the original Audio FX are a fantastic deal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I got them in the mail the other day, and they are awesome, definately something I would reccomend to others.