Crime goes down by 28% worldwide.

OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Michael Jackson now looks normal again.</div>Conan O'Brien takes over Jay Leno's spot.

George Lucas never redid the original trilogy. Han Solo shot first.

######bags in middle east decide to stop being ######bags.

Chavs no longer exist.

Soulja Boy changes his artist name to Soldier Boy to reflect that he is, indeed an educated person who can spell and so are the people that listen to his music.

Rock Band will have the song "Do You Feel Like We Do" by Peter Frampton.

I get 29 backrubs daily from my sexy girlfriend.

Food suddenly tastes ten times better.

<b>
Sonic confirmed for Brawl.</b>

<a href="http://www.smashbros.com/" target="_blank">Check for yourself.</a>

Comments

• LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    God damn it, why? Why such a ######ty character?
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    As quoted from the news post on that link:

"The one whose Smash appearance has been most desired dashes in from far away at supersonic speed."

My question is; Desired by whom?

In addition:

Sonic?! What the f***?! SONIC?!
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    wait, this was confirmed a long time ago I thought.

Meh, what ever.

I actually like the looks of his play style.
  • OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members
    Haha, wow, people that think Sonic being added is a bad thing?

This is the kind of news that dreams are made of, man. This makes SSBB the ultimate crossover fighting game.
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    This makes my happy happen.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Apparently this was never confirmed, and I am just a PreCog.

However, the other rumors, are apparently Megaman. Now THAT would make me a happy camper.
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1655095:date=Oct 10 2007, 09:20 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 09:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655095"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Apparently this was never confirmed, and I am just a PreCog.

However, the other rumors, are apparently Megaman. Now THAT would make me a happy camper.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Megaman? Really? I might be able to endure the presence of sonic if offered the glory and bliss that Megaman would provide in return.

Yes. Yes this would be acceptable.
    Why the hate on Sonic?

The Sonic games (early Genesis and game gear games are the only ones I played) were fun. Sure, they are raping the franchise this way and that now (olo BLACK hedgehog! Antihero! GUNS!), but sonic himself is a fine character, and the games were fun.

Why the hate?
    edited October 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1655098:date=Oct 10 2007, 09:30 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 09:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655098"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why the hate on Sonic?

The Sonic games (early Genesis and game gear games are the only ones I played) were fun. Sure, they are raping the franchise this way and that now (olo BLACK hedgehog! Antihero! GUNS!), but sonic himself is a fine character, and the games were fun.

Why the hate?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because he's BLUE.

**edit

In truth I have no hate for sonic aside from his despicable blueness. The original Genesis game(s) was/were great. I do have fond memories of rolling around as a hedgehog and acquiring gold rings. It was fun.

Truly though, what business does sonic have in a fighting-brawl game? Unless he perpetually rolls around and damages the other players with his impressive spikes? I see no alternative to that.
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    It looks like there are still two new people to go so I would put my money on Megaman... and I have no idea who else.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655103:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:42 AM:name=OttoDestruct)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OttoDestruct @ Oct 10 2007, 10:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655103"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It looks like there are still two new people to go so I would put my money on Megaman... and I have no idea who else.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Honestly, I would be surprised if MegaMan showed up, why? Capcom has their own fighting game. I mean, I would LOVE for it to happen, but the entire Marvel Vs Capcom makes me sorta doubt it.

As for Sonic's fighting style? go watch the video. A number of his attacks are spin attacks, he ofcourse can punch and kick, but so can every character in the game. And it looks like he has a number of aerial fast attacks (somethign that fits in perfectly). As was said by a friend, he looks like a faster version of Pikachu, with out the thunderbolt.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655107:date=Oct 10 2007, 09:49 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 09:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655107"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly, I would be surprised if MegaMan showed up, why? Capcom has their own fighting game. I mean, I would LOVE for it to happen, but the entire Marvel Vs Capcom makes me sorta doubt it.

As for Sonic's fighting style? go watch the video. A number of his attacks are spin attacks, he ofcourse can punch and kick, but so can every character in the game. And it looks like he has a number of aerial fast attacks (somethign that fits in perfectly). As was said by a friend, he looks like a faster version of Pikachu, with out the thunderbolt.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thansal, if you haven't read my computer issue thread I would just like to re-iterate that I am currently running a "Virtual Operating System" in the sense that by using the Ubuntu Live CD I have an OS loaded entirely and solely into the ram with no molestation of my hard drive as far as I can figure. This situation allows me the convenient and enviable position of not being able to download and install a damn thing, including flash player or java or anything at all that would allow me to do anything remotely close to being able to look at sonic kick ass.

So I'm just going to comment that I still think sonic would fight like a girl, and that I am in a position where you are unable to prove to me via any multi-media means anything contrary to that position.

HAH! Sucks to be you.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Who the f*** is Soulja Boy?
    <!--quoteo(post=1655108:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:53 AM:name=NeonSpyder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NeonSpyder @ Oct 10 2007, 10:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655108"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->HAH! Sucks to be you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    My computer works,
    The phrase should in fact be:
    Sucks to be Neon.

When I get home, I can play:
    Portal and Episode Two

You will still have no
    fully working computer,
    laugh at you I shall.

(renga ftw).

Oh, and I did read your post about the busted boot sector. Does the live CD have a CD burner? if so yuo can generally jsut burn the stuf from bootdisks.com to a CD and use that instead.
    edited October 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1655115:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:11 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 10:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655115"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My computer works,
    The phrase should in fact be:
    Sucks to be Neon.

When I get home, I can play:
    Portal and Episode Two

You will still have no
    fully working computer,
    laugh at you I shall.

(renga ftw).

Oh, and I did read your post about the busted boot sector. Does the live CD have a CD burner? if so yuo can generally jsut burn the stuf from bootdisks.com to a CD and use that instead.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To be honest at this stage I'm thinking of just saving/burning all of the really important stuff off of my xp partition and then just formating the entire hard drive. It is becoming way too big of a hassle to try to fix this monumental **** up that it would likely be easier at this point to salvage all of the gooey data I can from the dropped pastry that is my hard drive. And yeah, the ubuntu thing seems to have a cd burning application bundled with it. How it expects me to burn a cd from within a virtual OS environment kept alive entirely by RAM and the cd, I do not know but that is part of the adventure.

Also, apologies for ruining this otherwise pleasant thread with my pastr^r^r^hard drive related woes.

Also, stop with the haiku's already you're making my rage boil over and spill all over my nice shoes.

**edit**

correction, it appears to be an <i>audio</i> cd burning application. What good that will do me I do not know.

My only remaining option it would seem, is to somehow transfer the drive's contents through the network onto another hard drive, connected to the network. Man, I really wish I didn't delete the master boot record on my system :'(
    edited October 2007
    My previous post,
    did not contain a haiku,
    It was a Renga.

And yah, you are probably best of just backing it all up and starting from scratch.

good luck mate.
    edited October 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1655126:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:56 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 10:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655126"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My previous post,
    did not contain a haiku,
    It was a Renga.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Caring if your Haikus are called Rengas or whatever is the thing that is currently at the very bottom of my list of things to care about, right after what Orlando Bloom had for breakfast this morning.

But regardless, good work on the Renga. I would imagine.

**edit**

I used an apostrophe where one should not have been. This unforgivable sin has been corrected.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655126:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:56 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 10:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655126"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My previous post,
    did not contain a haiku,
    It was a Renga.

And yah, you are probably best of just backing it all up and starting from scratch.

good luck mate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A haiku is a part of a renga.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655128:date=Oct 10 2007, 10:58 AM:name=OttoDestruct)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OttoDestruct @ Oct 10 2007, 10:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A haiku is a part of a renga.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You guys do realize that this does not matter, right?

That what we are talking about *right now*, haikus and rengas and their application or non-application in forum posts has no real application on our lives or anything else for that matter. This is so badly a non-issue that it blows my mind. Not at all like the major and unbelievably painful issue of my inoperable hard drive thingamajigger. My thingamajigger is so important to life, the universe and everything right now that there are currently angels hurling themselves to earth, burning up in the atmosphere in a noble but ultimately futile attempt to get my hard drive to work again. This is what important things look like. They look like hard drives and burning angels.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655128:date=Oct 10 2007, 11:58 AM:name=OttoDestruct)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OttoDestruct @ Oct 10 2007, 11:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A haiku is a part of a renga.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually Haikus grew out of Ranga, The first stanza is not actually a Haiku, simply the first stanza of a Renga. (Yes, I am being pedantic, but that is the point of all of this)

<!--quoteo(post=1655129:date=Oct 10 2007, 12:01 PM:name=NeonSpyder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NeonSpyder @ Oct 10 2007, 12:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that this does not matter, right?

That what we are talking about *right now*, haikus and rengas and their application or non-application in forum posts has no real application on our lives or anything else for that matter. This is so badly a non-issue that it blows my mind. Not at all like the major and unbelievably painful issue of my inoperable hard drive thingamajigger. My thingamajigger is so important to life, the universe and everything right now that there are currently angels hurling themselves to earth, burning up in the atmosphere in a noble but ultimately futile attempt to get my hard drive to work again. This is what important things look like. They look like hard drives and burning angels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All that being said.

SB:B > Hard drives and burning Angels.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    so Princess Peach belongs in a brawl game but not Sonic? =p

it really is a shame there's no Mega Man. Obscure chars from games that only came out in Japan? check. Sega mascot? check. ICE CLIMBERS? check. Nintendo icon spanning generations, almost as old and well-known as Mario himself? no check.

I'm glad Pit is in the game - Kid Icarus was pretty cool, if uber hard. they should have put the eggplant wizard in too though... he was awesome.
    <!--quoteo(post=1655129:date=Oct 10 2007, 11:01 AM:name=NeonSpyder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NeonSpyder @ Oct 10 2007, 11:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that this does not matter, right?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your face doesn't matter.
    edited October 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1655130:date=Oct 10 2007, 11:06 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 11:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655130"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->SB:B > Hard drives and burning Angels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Touché
    <!--quoteo(post=1655131:date=Oct 10 2007, 12:06 PM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiscoZombie @ Oct 10 2007, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655131"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so Princess Peach belongs in a brawl game but not Sonic? =p

it really is a shame there's no Mega Man. Obscure chars from games that only came out in Japan? check. Sega mascot? check. ICE CLIMBERS? check. Nintendo icon spanning generations, almost as old and well-known as Mario himself? no check.

I'm glad Pit is in the game - Kid Icarus was pretty cool, if uber hard. they should have put the eggplant wizard in too though... he was awesome.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No one said that he will NOT show, I just doubt it my self.
    So I was reading the super smash brothers website, and I notice a distinct lack of Marth. surely this is something which has been overlooked by Nintendo.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._%28series%29#Playable_characters" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_B...able_characters</a>
    There are a lot of question marks on that wikipedia page. I am less then thrilled at the lack of Marth, although this "Ike" character may serve as suitable replacement, depending on how he plays.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1655071:date=Oct 10 2007, 06:42 AM:name=Omegaman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omegaman @ Oct 10 2007, 06:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1655071"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Haha, wow, people that think Sonic being added is a bad thing?

This is the kind of news that dreams are made of, man. This makes SSBB the ultimate crossover fighting game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because he's an overall lame-ass character.
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    No surprise with all the sega games for the nintendo over the last few years.
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    When can I play as Ecco the dolphin?