C: Hardcoded

Termy58Termy58 Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58102Members
edited October 2007 in Decoda
Well I use a I: drive for everything and I believe Project/Add new file & Add existing file is hard coded into C: or it isn't working for me.

Opening files works though.

Also when I tried to modify colors.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->11:40:57: Can't delete key 'HKCR\.deproj' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't delete key 'HKCR\Decoda.deproj\DefaultIcon' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't delete key 'HKCR\Decoda.deproj\shell\open\command' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\.deproj' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\Decoda.deproj\DefaultIcon' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\Decoda.deproj\shell\open\command' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't delete key 'HKCR\Decoda.lua\DefaultIcon' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't delete key 'HKCR\Decoda.lua\shell\open\command' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't create registry key 'HKCR\.lua' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't open registry key 'HKCR\.lua' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\.lua' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\Decoda.lua\DefaultIcon' (error 5: access is denied.)
11:40:57: Can't set value of 'HKCR\Decoda.lua\shell\open\command' (error 5: access is denied.)<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Windows Vista, Intel Processor

Project file

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\init.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\cl_init.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\daytime.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\explosion.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\pirateSpeak.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\postprocess.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\reference.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>gamemode\shared.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>ffj.lua</filename>
  </file>
  <file>
    <filename>dfhhd.lua</filename>
  </file>
</project><!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

All exist.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Thanks for the feedback. The first problem is due to Vista's standard accounts having insufficient access to the registry to update the file associations. I fixed the code so that it does not attempt to set the associations unless you've actually changed them, and I also added a better error message. This will be in the next build we release.

The deproj file stores the name of the project's files relative to its location (so that you can easily move projects around), so if you saved the files and the deproj on different drives I could see a problem arising. I will look into addressing that situation. Is that how you have things setup, or is something else going on?
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I looked into the drive issue and was not able to reproduce your problem. The case where I thought problems -- saving the project file on a separate drive than the Lua files -- actually works correctly.

Can you provide some more detail on what you're doing? Steps to reproduce the problem would be really great.
  • Termy58Termy58 Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58102Members
    Putting it into administrative options solved both problems.
  • Termy58Termy58 Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58102Members
    I can't update to 1.01
    <!--quoteo(post=1654300:date=Oct 5 2007, 04:59 PM:name=Termy58)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Termy58 @ Oct 5 2007, 04:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1654300"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't update to 1.01<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I believe this is due to the new Vista security features blocking the updater application from writing the Program Files directory. We're currently looking into the correct way to handle this in Vista, but you should be able to update manually by downloading and re-running the installer. Sorry for the inconvenience.