When WAR starts, what will you be?

RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
edited June 2007 in Off-Topic
Just recently mythic released the preview on the human melee/ranged DPS hybrid, the Witch Hunter. Striking from behind with his powerful debuffs and pistol/sword combo, he is a foe to be feared.

<a href="http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/Empire/Careers/WitchHunter.php" target="_blank">Get your official infos and screens right here for the Witch Hunter.</a>

<a href="http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/" target="_blank">Info on other released WAR classes</a>

So, now that more and more information about warhammer online is being released and the closed beta is confirmed to be starting soon, there is just one more question.

When the WAR starts, what will you be?

I'm certainly leaning towards witch hunter because I am an anime nerd lol!

Comments

• HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    Whats up with the 'stache on the empire side?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Zealot or Rune Priest (probably Rune priest, I like Dorfs!)

The concept is a nice one (large amounts of precombat buffs placed that can be triggered once in combat)
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Orc Choppa totally looks to my style.

I just hope the gameplay is better in the public beta than they showed in the videos. God that was horrendous. Like a step back from WoW. If WAR moves it forward...well, it could easily take me.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Looks fun:

Goblin Squig Herder
    IronBreaker
    Dwarf Engineer
    Warrior Priest

In my virtual vanity, I'd probably end up going for Warrior Priest.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
  • SmoodCrooznSmoodCroozn Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22310Members
    I'll be saving $15 a month that's for sure.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    Negativity... 3 HITS!

I won't be playing either, this just looks like LOTRO; why not just go with that?
    Because this is Warhammer, not Tolkien. Tolkien is lyrical and beautiful. Warhammer is gritty and brutal. Sure they're both MMORPGs, but the stylistic differences are vast.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1631733:date=Jun 6 2007, 03:46 AM:name=Liku)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liku @ Jun 6 2007, 03:46 AM) [snapback]1631733[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Negativity... 3 HITS!

I won't be playing either, this just looks like LOTRO; why not just go with that?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think any FMV cutscenes for LOTRO have a big, gnarly orc sitting himself down in a catapult, then releasing the catapult. He flies, hatred in his eyes and screaming at the top of his lungs, towards the enemy fortress, only to smack into the wall about 6 feet down from the top. The camera immediately forgets about him and focuses on a dwarf.

Warhammer is the perfect mix of abject brutality and hilarity.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    this reminds me, I have to send my dxdiag in to see whether I can get in the beta =d
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    basicly, we know NOTHING about WAR yet, I fail to see where the hate is coming from.
  • MamboKingMamboKing Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27169Members
    Chaos Magus
    Orc Choppa
    Dwarf Runepriest

I'll probably try all of them though.
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Can I suggest NOW then, that the NS community sorts out what races people are playing, how we're going to play together etc just like in ye olde days for WoW, etc.

I'd personally like to hit up the Forces of Destruction, if possible. I think it'll make for a more interesting game for us all.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
  • SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Members
    edited June 2007
    I'll play whatever Chaos class is clad in skull-motif armor and worships evil phlegm gods.

...oh wait.

Anyway, if we do want to get a NS guild thingy going, I vote Chaos.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1631831:date=Jun 6 2007, 08:19 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Jun 6 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]1631831[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    basicly, we know NOTHING about WAR yet, I fail to see where the hate is coming from.

Actually we know quite a bit, considering the WAR guys can't shut up about how much their gameplay conventions change MMOs.

I wish they'd show a fun game in the videos though. Every single video has been pure crap.

I hope when it comes out it doesn't look like that though. The public beta they promised to us should teach us better.

Edit: For the record though, I'm personally looking at Tabula Rasa. But I wanna give Warhammer a try, definitely.
    Or how about this: *I* decide which side we're going to play, and the rest of you can either join me or die. How's that?
    <!--quoteo(post=1631847:date=Jun 6 2007, 09:27 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lolfighter @ Jun 6 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1631847[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Or how about this: *I* decide which side we're going to play, and the rest of you can either join me or die. How's that?

lolfighter, you've never been that competitive. Thusly, you shall <i>lose</i>, sir.
  • RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    Chaos Magus. Want.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    In all honesty, I'll be playing a Battle-Priest or something if I ever decide to touch an MMO after WoW. I've always been a big fan of Chaos, but Chaos will be overplayed and I've always loved the marine/Imperial styled races in Warhammer. Something about zealous devotion, burning witches, and torturing information out of peasants inquisition-style that feels WAY cooler than anything Chaos could drum up.
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    Easy. Some kind of Orc.