3.2, will it need a reinstall?

MaverickkMaverickk Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58857Members
I've got my NS config basically as optimal as I am going to get it. Tweaked cfg, low poly models, custom HUDs, binds etc set to what I want, sounds, etc Will there be a upgrade patch we can simply install ontop of 3.1.3 to bring it up to 3.2 or will we need to uninstall 3.1.3 then install 3.2 and re-add everything? Just curious, as it'd be a long process of re-adding every skin, model, sound, etc

Comments

• TerRaKanETerRaKanE Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16292Members, Constellation
    mp_consistency 1 ?
  • MaverickkMaverickk Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58857Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1608685:date=Feb 23 2007, 02:24 AM:name=TerRaKanE)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TerRaKanE @ Feb 23 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]1608685[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    mp_consistency 1 ?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't play on competitive leages or servers, I don't have the framerates to do so, so I use low poly models (you can find them here on the forums), these gain me at least 15+ frames.

Anyways I was just curious if I'll need a complete reinstall, if so it might be a while before I update since it would take a while to set it all back up again.
  • sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    edited February 2007
    Just make a copy of your ns/models, ns/sprites, ns/sound and any config files you happen to have setup (config.cfg, userconfig.cfg whatever).

Install the update, then move the copied folders into the new folder.
  • TheGuyTheGuy Join Date: 2003-08-09 Member: 19295Members, Constellation
    Mods don't really use installers. It's basically a fancy unzip process. Be careful overwriting your sprites folder since there's a lot of significant changes from 3.1 to 3.2 in the sprites.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    There is usually the option to back up your cfg file, but the rest I know will require manual backup. Just backup the whole folder and copy over sounds/sprites etc when it is installed.