Motion Tracking Is Sometimes... Broken?

BlueeBluee Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6286Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Inconsistency error</div> OK, this is weird. I've had Motion Tracking work for me before as a marine. Owned many a skulk that way. But now, in the past 2 games that I have been marines, in 2 different servers, Motion Tracking was BROKEN. It didn't show the blue circles. I could hear the skulks. I could see them open doors. But I never once saw their blue circle. Then, in another game, I could only see the blue circle of the hive, nothing else. 10 vs 10, and only one blue circle. I don't think so!

If anyone could give me ANY insight on this, it would be appreciated. I have a couple of ideas, and these are they:

1.02 bug. Motion Tracking ALWAYS worked for me in 1.01. Now, with the 2 marine games with successful Motion Tracking research (i.e. good commander) that I've had, Motion Tracking didn't work. So, it could easily be a 1.02, but I'm still not too comfortable with the accuracy of my time frame.

Some sort of server setting or server addon. I don't know if the blue circles of Motion Tracking are client or server side determined. Seems like most NS functions are server side, though. Anyways, maybe some new-fangled l33t server addon is affecting Motion Tracking. Hey, I've seen stuff like that happen before.

Recap. Post-1.02, Motion Tracking is broken for me. Pre-1.02, Motion Tracking had always worked. Thanks!

Comments

• ShuflYShuflY Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8760Members
    The servers you are playing on where you can only see the hive on motion tracking have disabled it on their server.

Some admins do this because they think seeing through walls is cheap, even if it is integral to the gameplay.
  • VorisVoris Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8339Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--ShuflY+Nov 22 2002, 05:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ShuflY @ Nov 22 2002, 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The servers you are playing on where you can only see the hive on motion tracking have disabled it on their server.

Some admins do this because they think seeing through walls is cheap, even if it is integral to the gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But...the Kharaa can do that...
  • BlueeBluee Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6286Members
    Do you happen to know the name of that variable?
  • z-manz-man Join Date: 2002-07-22 Member: 982Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--ShuflY+Nov 22 2002, 04:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ShuflY @ Nov 22 2002, 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The servers you are playing on where you can only see the hive on motion tracking have disabled it on their server.

Some admins do this because they think seeing through walls is cheap, even if it is integral to the gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    nope - i saw the same thing happening on a tournament mode server :/