I Need Some Help

DanielBarnsDanielBarns Join Date: 2005-08-02 Member: 57373Members
Whenever i Apply a New Soldier Model it just redownloads the old one from the server! is this a server setting or somthing? if you guys can help me that would be great.

Comments

• SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    Hmm. That's an interesting problem. AFAIK, your client should only download a model if there isn't one there. If the model is simply different and mp_consistency is on, the server should just respond that your model differs and not let you in.

1) Does this happen with every custom model or only player models?

2) Does this happen on different servers, or only one server?
  • DanielBarnsDanielBarns Join Date: 2005-08-02 Member: 57373Members
    Every Server!

the model is a custom one "Steel v1.1" and whenever i install it and join anyserver the Server just undos my model and replaces it with the old one. this hapens on all servers even NSarmslab
  • StarStarGrizzlyStarStarGrizzly Join Date: 2004-02-06 Member: 26139Members
    whats the name of the mdl, it has to be player i think
  • BAshhBAshh Join Date: 2003-08-26 Member: 20222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    are you putting it in models/player/soilder/?
  • DanielBarnsDanielBarns Join Date: 2005-08-02 Member: 57373Members
    yes ant it says "do you want to replace (file) with (file)? and i say yes
  • BAshhBAshh Join Date: 2003-08-26 Member: 20222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    open it up in hlmv before joining then, and check to see it's what it says it is, cause you don't just redownload a model you have from the server. if you didn't have it, and allow download is on, you'll d/l it. otherwise it won't override the ones you have.