Charlie And The Gaming Factory?

StormLiongStormLiong Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11569Members
<div class="IPBDescription">does this title make any sense?</div> Does the title "Charlie and the Gaming Factory" make sense at all for the title of a story? Probably Willy Wonka given up the chocolate business and decides to make games instead?

Comments

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Is this at all influenced by UWE doing the Charlie and the Chocolate factory game? I mean, Flay's name is Charlie, UWE is a "game factory," and, well, they just did work on a Willy Wonka game.
  • SnidelySnidely Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Members
    edited August 2005
    Willy Wonka sells his name and body for money.
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    If this Charlie is somehow related to games and the factory from which they are produced, then yes, it makes perfect sense.
  • SnidelySnidely Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Members
    edited August 2005
    I always wondered why they use Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but never the sequel, Charlie and the Glass Elevator. Sure, in the first one, you get fat and/or unpleasant kids being culled due to their flaws (always hilarious), but in the Glass Elevator there are aliens that have killed all the people in the space station, IIRC. Much more exciting.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Snidely+Aug 4 2005, 12:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Snidely @ Aug 4 2005, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I always wondered why they use Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but never the sequel, Charlie and the Glass Elevator. Sure, in the first one, you get fat and/or unpleasant kids being culled due to their flaws (always hilarious), but in the Glass Elevator there are aliens that have killed all the people in the space station, IIRC. Much more exciting. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well apparently, Roald Dahl hated the first Willy Wonka film (with Gene Wilder) so much he just flat out refused to sell the rights to The Glass Elevator.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Who wouldn't hate it? The oompa loompas were scary!

The new ones rock though. They're like, awesome. And the songs are much better.
  • CondizzleCondizzle Join Date: 2004-10-05 Member: 32107Members
  • raz0rraz0r Join Date: 2003-07-24 Member: 18395Members
    It has Christopher Lee, how can it suck?

NOTE: I haven't seen the movie
  • MantridMantrid Lockpick Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24109Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Condizzle+Aug 3 2005, 04:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Condizzle @ Aug 3 2005, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Tim Burton ftw. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And Danny Elfman.
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    Yes, it does make sense. I can even picture oompah loompahs dressed as Lemmings, then in HEV suits, then as Orcs and Night Elves...
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Curiosity, what exactly did UWE do for the CaTCF game?
  • CrotalusCrotalus Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23871Members
    edited August 2005
    I never saw either film or book. I want to see it, but do you think I should go read the book first? Also is the movie good in your opinion? HEV suits?!? Are you Crazy? BTW, I have finally painted my full set of:

<b>LEGO 'Half-life 1' PLAYSET!!!!11!1!11</b>
    Includes Gordon Freeman + various enemies and
    weapons...And a few scenery to act out awesome battles!!
    Next, a Doom I or II Lego playset!!

Charlie and teh Gaming Factory? It rhymes better with choclate, I dunno...
    EDIT: They did contract work, and that was all I read...<a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/portfolio/index.html' target='_blank'>UWE Portfolio</a>
  • MantridMantrid Lockpick Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24109Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Crotalus+Aug 3 2005, 05:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Crotalus @ Aug 3 2005, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <b>LEGO 'Half-life 1' PLAYSET!!!!11!1!11</b>
    Includes Gordon Freeman + various enemies and
    weapons...And a few scenery to act out awesome battles!!
    Next, a Doom I or II Lego playset!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I demand a thread and pictures.
  • CageyCagey Ex-Unknown Worlds Programmer Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8829Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-radforChrist+Aug 3 2005, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (radforChrist @ Aug 3 2005, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Curiosity, what exactly did UWE do for the CaTCF game? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Charlie did some contract programming for them as they were wrapping up--they needed some extra hours of work on a few of the minigames.
  • CrotalusCrotalus Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23871Members
    edited August 2005
    You want a thread and pictures? Gimme a sec dude, I need a camera first...
    let's see, I've got a few headcrabs, vortigaunts, some GIs, I can't figure out
    the bullsquid though...the zombies were pretty easy...