About Co

MrMakaveliMrMakaveli Join Date: 2004-05-06 Member: 28509Members
Ok I couldn't reply in the other CO thread for some reason so I'm gonna start my own. People are saying "you can't control what people want" and stuff like that. Well think about this. Let's take counter-strike for example. Make a mod that allows players to fly around, go thru walls, cloak, and stuff like that. People will play that instead of CS. Basically, if you add something that is fun, but stupid, it ruins the original game.. People will want it. Like cigarettes, they are bad for you but people want them.. If there was no CO to begin with, the CO players would only be able to play NS, then they would WANT that. Granted some of them would leave, but probably half would stay and want NS, cuz there would be no CO.

Comments

• DoL_NeODoL_NeO Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22717Members, NS1 Playtester
    another co topic ? =/
  • MrMakaveliMrMakaveli Join Date: 2004-05-06 Member: 28509Members
    Well I tried replying to the other one but I couldn't. The forums thought I wasn't logged in or something, and I was.
  • voulgevoulge Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56337Members
    LOCK LOCK LOCK!!!

hehehe
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-MrMakaveli+Aug 1 2005, 11:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrMakaveli @ Aug 1 2005, 11:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ok I couldn't reply in the other CO thread for some reason so I'm gonna start my own. People are saying "you can't control what people want" and stuff like that. Well think about this. Let's take counter-strike for example. Make a mod that allows players to fly around, go thru walls, cloak, and stuff like that. People will play that instead of CS. Basically, if you add something that is fun, but stupid, it ruins the original game.. People will want it. Like cigarettes, they are bad for you but people want them.. If there was no CO to begin with, the CO players would only be able to play NS, then they would WANT that. Granted some of them would leave, but probably half would stay and want NS, cuz there would be no CO. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    co_ does not only have negative effects on the community...
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2005
    Co was made to give people smaller, more intense games.

Who needs those?

<s>Raise your hand!</s> Post below!