New Veteran Classic Server System

2»

Comments

• FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    I see no problem with the current state of BF2, save the browsing software.
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    edited July 2005
    Fair enough. After all, you <i>have</i> been sampling the finer aspects of life, lately.

Suffice it to say, it gets ugly. Give folks a pile to claw their way to the top of and it always gets ugly.
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jul 27 2005, 06:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jul 27 2005, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Fair enough. After all, you <i>have</i> been sampling the finer aspects of life, lately.

Suffice it to say, it gets ugly. Give folks a pile to claw their way to the top of and it always gets ugly. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    usually its the ones on the bottom that are complaining.

Competition only makes the game more fun, atleast for me.

The great thing about BF2 is that if you do not want to participate in the rankings, you do not have to. Much like the NSA server, if you do not like the ranking system feel free to become a regular some where else.
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Members
    If you didn't steal points there'd be no need for lost points rage. Some people work hard to eat res to have some slacker come along like you, bite the RT twice and look better?! I WONT STAND FOR IT. I WON'T flipping STAND FOR IT YOU COMMIE.
  • BuggyBuggy Join Date: 2003-11-08 Member: 22400Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-MrBen+Jul 27 2005, 07:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrBen @ Jul 27 2005, 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you didn't steal points there'd be no need for lost points rage. Some people work hard to eat res to have some slacker come along like you, bite the RT twice and look better?! I WONT STAND FOR IT. I WON'T flipping STAND FOR IT YOU COMMIE. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not to mention swiping someone twice and having a lerk spore your kill.
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can&#39;t work a sound card United States Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Members
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    Well, right you are. I've no stock in the server - go knock yourselves out.
  • HellabeansHellabeans Universal NS Scapegoat Join Date: 2005-04-12 Member: 48269Members, Constellation
    SILENCE, ALL OF U!
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    I play at the vet server for a higher skilled NS oriented pub, if I wanted to hear "SSJ4 GOKUFAN69" go "WHAR R TEH GUNS?" as he flashes his flashlight on and off while jumping off the hera landing pad I'd visit one of the many mp_blockscripts servers.
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jul 28 2005, 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jul 28 2005, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I play at the vet server for a higher skilled NS oriented pub, if I wanted to hear "SSJ4 GOKUFAN69" go "WHAR R TEH GUNS?" as he flashes his flashlight on and off while jumping off the hera landing pad I'd visit one of the many mp_blockscripts servers. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, by higher skilled you mean people can aim and bhop.

I swear there are times I'd rather have the noob I can explain things to than 7 vets who all run out of MS on a beeline for the hive, all call for an early sg when they die, and are brought to a rude awakening when they find out neither the ip, armory, nor any rt's have been built yet, and that i'm not getting out of the chair to do these things.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I'm stealing that post for an #ns setinfo.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Router Box+Jul 28 2005, 07:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Router Box @ Jul 28 2005, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jul 28 2005, 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jul 28 2005, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I play at the vet server for a higher skilled NS oriented pub, if I wanted to hear "SSJ4 GOKUFAN69" go "WHAR R TEH GUNS?" as he flashes his flashlight on and off while jumping off the hera landing pad I'd visit one of the many mp_blockscripts servers. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, by higher skilled you mean people can aim and bhop.

I swear there are times I'd rather have the noob I can explain things to than 7 vets who all run out of MS on a beeline for the hive, all call for an early sg when they die, and are brought to a rude awakening when they find out neither the ip, armory, nor any rt's have been built yet, and that i'm not getting out of the chair to do these things. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    emergency relocation
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    If they have a reserved slot on the veterans server, building base shouldn't be a flipping emergency situation.
    yeah, you and your 5 team mates who all early lerked with you. On 2 Mc's if your really really lucky.
  • GrahfGrahf Join Date: 2004-01-21 Member: 25558Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Firewater+Jul 27 2005, 06:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Firewater @ Jul 27 2005, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jul 27 2005, 06:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jul 27 2005, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Fair enough.  After all, you <i>have</i> been sampling the finer aspects of life, lately. 

Suffice it to say, it gets ugly.  Give folks a pile to claw their way to the top of and it always gets ugly. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    usually its the ones on the bottom that are complaining.

Competition only makes the game more fun, atleast for me.

The great thing about BF2 is that if you do not want to participate in the rankings, you do not have to. Much like the NSA server, if you do not like the ranking system feel free to become a regular some where else. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually in bf2 nonranked server dont fill up and in ranked servers people will exploit the point system or get extremely **** off when they are accidently tked, ect.. Pubbing bf2 isnt very fun because of that stats system.

But on the other hand, the pro status mod that was recently installed on the vet server is approved by me.
  • GoDlolGoDlol Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33703Members
    the vet server has horrible gameplay compared to the classic
    how often will that stats page update?
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-GoDlol+Jul 28 2005, 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GoDlol @ Jul 28 2005, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the vet server has horrible gameplay compared to the classic <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually I think the 6 fade strategy works fairly well once set in motion.
  • FreddehFreddeh Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18520Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-GoDlol+Jul 28 2005, 02:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GoDlol @ Jul 28 2005, 02:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the vet server has horrible gameplay compared to the classic <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agreed.
    <!--QuoteBegin-stallioN+Jul 29 2005, 12:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (stallioN @ Jul 29 2005, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-GoDlol+Jul 28 2005, 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GoDlol @ Jul 28 2005, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the vet server has horrible gameplay compared to the classic <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually I think the 6 fade strategy works fairly well once set in motion. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It works great if your skulks can hold off for about 10 minutes against the w0a0 rines that rush the hive without ever building anything.
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Alright boys and girls, play nice.
  • LazyEyeLazyEye Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32959Members, NS1 Playtester
    More stat whoring on the vet server was the last thing we needed. And it only seems to have gotten worse with time.

You should get 100 points for building a RT.
  • spysnipedisspysnipedis Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31356Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-LazyEye+Jul 30 2005, 04:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LazyEye @ Jul 30 2005, 04:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> More stat whoring on the vet server was the last thing we needed. And it only seems to have gotten worse with time.

You should get 100 points for building a RT. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    agreed
  • mmcmikemmcmike Join Date: 2005-03-16 Member: 45517Members
    and another good server goes down the tubes. SWEET.

worst idea. ever. seriously this may even top /menu
  • DrFuriousDrFurious Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10445Members
    how often does this update
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Alright, looks like this discussion led down the path of <span style='color:red'>-Lock-</span>.

Take up your complaints on the veteran forum @nsarmslab.com (thats a plug if I didnt see one).
This discussion has been closed.