Some Questions!

Osiris321Osiris321 Join Date: 2003-03-19 Member: 14698Members
<div class="IPBDescription">im lost...</div>I finnaly got my maps to test play! Now i can learn the basics! :( I need it so the commander can see through the roof. I once knew how to do this, but i forgot. AND when i test play, I cant build as an alien. the res doesnt show, and i cant right click to bring up the menu. I know there are tutorials on this but i dont no the names of the entities to search for them, and stuff.

Comments

• K2BoarderK2Boarder Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25699Members
    The commander should be able to automatically see through the ceilings in your map. Make sure that the commander view height in the info_mapinfo refers to a position above your map. As for the aliens, access the console using ~ and type 'sv_cheats 1' without quotations. This will cause the game to begin even though one team has no players. Good luck.
  • Osiris321Osiris321 Join Date: 2003-03-19 Member: 14698Members
    Yeah, i did that. the info_map thing worked ty, but i have been using sv_cheats 1, and there isnt any alien or marine res counts! I think its called the HUD... I cant gest into a gorge!!!! so close yet so far! thanks for any additional info.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2005
    1. Make sure you do "sv_cheats 1" BEFORE you execute "map ns/co_yourmap" or cheats won't work correctly.

2. Make sure you joined a team and aren't still in the "readyroom".

3. Make sure your map is properly named: ns_whatever for classic mode; co_whatever for combat.

~ DarkATi
  • Lt_GravityLt_Gravity Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15909Members
    and make shure there is a info_gameplay.
  • K2BoarderK2Boarder Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25699Members
    Another thing you might want to try is making sure that you have all of the required entities needed for your map to run properly. There is an excellent guide with all of the basics of NS mapping as well as a guide for including all of the necessary entites in your map (http://nsworld.ns-central.co.uk/mappingguide/MappingGuide.php). My guess though is that you have not placed any res nodes. You would need two of these at the least during the test stages of your map.
  • HeLLyHeLLy Join Date: 2005-07-21 Member: 56410Members
    Just a follow up question on this - my info_gameplay I cant seem to set it right, Its way to high...how do you determine the height...

Meaning.. what is 1 = to? Like 16 on the grid or what? And were does the info_gameplay start from? From the CC, or from the bottom of the floor?
  • brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-HeLLy+Jul 25 2005, 05:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (HeLLy @ Jul 25 2005, 05:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just a follow up question on this - my info_gameplay I cant seem to set it right, Its way to high...how do you determine the height...

Meaning.. what is 1 = to? Like 16 on the grid or what? And were does the info_gameplay start from? From the CC, or from the bottom of the floor? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Read:

<a href='http://nsworld.ns-central.co.uk/mappingguide/appendix6.php' target='_blank'>http://nsworld.ns-central.co.uk/mappingguide/appendix6.php</a>