Assigning Bones

nogoodnicknamenogoodnickname Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46172Members
<div class="IPBDescription">dunno how to explain</div> yea i know than some ppl converted CS model onto ns player model with marine animations, i wonder how do u assign the bones right coz when i try to assign imported smd to bones, it wont assign and sometimes it assigns. next time when i try the same it doesnt work again and cant remember how it hawe to done. was here a topic wheres a tutorial what shows it right

Comments

• StarStarGrizzlyStarStarGrizzly Join Date: 2004-02-06 Member: 26139Members
    select what you want and press assign...player models are hard as hell, try waepon models.
  • nogoodnicknamenogoodnickname Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46172Members
    maby its just player models, must try
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    Start posting in the right forum and I might just give you detailed instructions.
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Drfuzzy+Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drfuzzy @ Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Start posting in the right forum and I might just give you detailed instructions. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stop being such a **** and I might just give you the time of day. Who made you a mod?
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maus+Jul 3 2005, 04:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Maus @ Jul 3 2005, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Drfuzzy+Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drfuzzy @ Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Start posting in the right forum and I might just give you detailed instructions. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stop being such a **** and I might just give you the time of day. Who made you a mod? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    After the whole community was bitching and moaning for subforums, none of the noobs use them and alot of our good people (like brigader) have left the community. I havent been posting in these forums as much, let alone released anything, simply because these forums are out of shape. The only time the mods do anything is when theres too much spamming or anything questionable goes on in the thread.
  • BAshhBAshh Join Date: 2003-08-26 Member: 20222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--QuoteBegin-Drfuzzy+Jul 3 2005, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drfuzzy @ Jul 3 2005, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Maus+Jul 3 2005, 04:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Maus @ Jul 3 2005, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Drfuzzy+Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drfuzzy @ Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Start posting in the right forum and I might just give you detailed instructions. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stop being such a **** and I might just give you the time of day. Who made you a mod? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    After the whole community was bitching and moaning for subforums, none of the noobs use them and alot of our good people (like brigader) have left the community. I havent been posting in these forums as much, let alone released anything, simply because these forums are out of shape. The only time the mods do anything is when theres too much spamming or anything questionable goes on in the thread. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why don't you just admit the subforums are a bad idea now, and just help those who ask for it instead of whining about which forum the thread is located in?

Also, It's pretty simple, whatever bone is highligted in the joints section is the bone your mesh will be asigned to; to assign a part of your mesh, select which bone you want in the joints tab, then with select from the model tab, select the verticies you want and finally go back to the joints tab and click assign. wham-bam-van-dam.
  • NightfireTGNightfireTG Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11508Members
    so that's what happened to brigadier...i've always wondered what happened to him.