Co_paragon (beta)

Minotaur0Minotaur0 Join Date: 2004-09-30 Member: 32017Members Posts: 52
edited June 2005 in Mapping Forum
w/ download
Version: 1.0

Fergo (for compiling the map)
Jezpuh (tweaking some **** here and there)
blaz (some textures)

Download:
http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/ma...aragon_beta.zip

Shots:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Post edited by Unknown User on
user posted image

Minotaur0 . Level Designer ~ http://minotaur0.net/

Comments

• TequilaTequila Join Date: 2003-08-13 Member: 19660Members Posts: 3,022
    NS needs more Brazilian maps, so I can only support this.

Excellent work, Mino.
  • BijiyBijiy Fantastic Damage Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23697Members Posts: 1,417
  • Lt_GravityLt_Gravity Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15909Members Posts: 1,594
    QUOTE (Tequila @ Jun 17 2005, 09:48 PM)
    NS needs more Brazilian maps, so I can only support this.

Excellent work, Mino.

? since when does nationality does make any difference within the internet?

anyway.

all I can say to his map:
    Its a shame that it is not a ns_map!!!

IPB Image
    Give custom maps a chance!
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation Posts: 6,132
    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/ma...on_beta0008.jpg <- Horribly stretched texture where the grate goes in.

It looks fantastic, I will download it and play it later tonight.
    blah blah blah
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer Posts: 1,122 Advanced user
    edited June 2005
    Your map does not work, You have setup the commchair incorectly.
    you have not selected the Starts built flag, therefore it ends the game the moment it starts cause it thinks the chair is dead.
  • SlayerXSlayerX Poland Join Date: 2004-03-01 Member: 27028Members Posts: 39
    Oh my god.

Natural Selection 2 Polish Community

Join us now, become a supporter!
  • ShenTraXShenTraX Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22434Members, Constellation Posts: 662
    QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Jun 18 2005, 07:44 AM)
    Your map does not work, You have setup the commchair incrooectly.
    you have not selected the Starts built flag, therefore it ends the game the moment it starts cause it thinks the chair is dead.

woot... i remember when i use to do that.
    had that sig for years. lame baleet.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members Posts: 7,019
    Not too bad... The CC issue is easily fixed. It looks like it may be somewhat marine baised, although there are some nice ambush points, so it is hard to say definitively right now. It's a little plain as co maps go... basicly it's just a bunch of nice looking corridoors with little or no elevation change. Definately not a bad map, but not the nicest CO map to hit the comunity either.
    O_O image
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer Posts: 1,122 Advanced user
    Yes, if you do an ent only update then only the servers bsp file needs replaceing so clients dont need to update.
    I just used an AMX plugin to place a new commchair with correct flags in the map.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation Posts: 3,225
  • persoperso Join Date: 2003-02-19 Member: 13740Members, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 407
    edited June 2005
    Holy ... ! wow.gif That's the kind of architecture I like: very beautiful yet simple enough; in a good way. Lighting looks good and varies a lot. Most of all, the ready room really reflects the overall atmosphere in the map. Good job!

edit: only thing that I don't like is the door leading to ms. it's ok if you want to slow movement that way but touching the door in order to open it is just irritating imo. I also found it funny that door like that opened upwards. tounge.gif
  • Minotaur0Minotaur0 Join Date: 2004-09-30 Member: 32017Members Posts: 52
    edited June 2005
    QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Jun 18 2005, 06:44 AM)

Weird, I tested it with some m8s and it was ok. Will gonna fix that asap then.

edit: only thing that I don't like is the door leading to ms. it's ok if you want to slow movement that way but touching the door in order to open it is just irritating imo. I also found it funny that door like that opened upwards.

yeah its there to slow movement, otherwise marines can easily defend their start base.

btw, I'll be modelling some stuff to go outside this part ( http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/ma...on_beta0010.jpg ). Its gonna be like a 3d skybox and wont affect performance since the epoly count is 0 there (not counting players and weapons of course)
    user posted image

• GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members Posts: 1,116 Advanced user
    edited June 2005
    meh easy fix for the cc, just hack the bsp with ripent and set the flag for the cc. either that or use stripper2.
    QUOTE (unknown)
    Admiral, why dont we just breach the hull after overriding the automatic hatchlocks closing procedure?

Last time we did this an onos just put its fat **** inside the hole and lerks just farted a new athmosphere.
    It looked so gross that we decided to never ever do this again.

My Website
    NS Map Archive
  • NaigelNaigel Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18376Members, Constellation Posts: 651
    Oh, that looks good, yes.
    IPB Image

- IPB Image Constellation member - naigel.nl - naturalselection.com - egir.dk -
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation Posts: 6,132
    QUOTE (GiGaBiTe @ Jun 18 2005, 07:55 PM)
    meh easy fix for the cc, just hack the bsp with ripent and set the flag for the cc. either that or use stripper2.

Shouldn't have to be done though the map should be playable without faffing around with it.
    blah blah blah
  • Zodiac_MindwarpZodiac_Mindwarp Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33342Members, Constellation Posts: 12 Fully active user

Yep, confirmed. The map restarts as soon as the game starts. Cool looking map, would like to try it again when it is fixed.

Z
    RichNet.Tv NS COMBAT Performance Action Experience
    66.254.94.10:27015
    RichNet.Tv NS Classic Ultimate Strategy
    67.18.188.233:27015
    RichNet.Tv NS MvM COMBAT Resistance
    67.18.188.249:27015
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members Posts: 7,019
    QUOTE (Zodiac Mindwarp @ Jun 18 2005, 08:33 PM)

Yep, confirmed. The map restarts as soon as the game starts. Cool looking map, would like to try it again when it is fixed.

Z

I sv cheated and built the CC before the ping timer finished biggrin-fix.gif

But honestly, it's like a 2 second fix, just fix, recompile, and rehost real quick.
    O_O image
    I got the map running fine on a community server useing stripper2 yesterday, Unfortunatly stripper2's REMOVE option does not work, it crashes the game, I spawned a new commchair exactly ontop of the other, looks like their is only 1 chair though when their is 2, least it makes it playable, Aliens are ment to defend anyway.

Do an ent only update?

BATCH FILE:
    CODE
    hlcsg co_paragon_beta -onlyents
  • pulsarpulsar Join Date: 2005-04-10 Member: 48033Members, Constellation Posts: 85 Fully active user
    i like it

Pulsar
    Pulsar132 ingame
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    holy pixelshnitz. That looks really really good.
    Sorry for the small delay guys, I fixed the comm chair and hive issues and re-uped the map.

Download:
    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/ma...aragon_beta.zip

(keep sending feedback, Ive been receiving some really cool suggestions so far)
    user posted image

• NaigelNaigel Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18376Members, Constellation Posts: 651
    edited June 2005
    Alrighty, quick walkthrough (SORRY FOR THE BAD PIC COMPRESSION AND NOT GAMMA CORRECTED SCREENS):

In the ready room... these supports just disappear in the sky! Looks rather odd:

user posted image

It would be nice if you could get between these pipes... sadly, you can't sad-fix.gif :

user posted image

Same goes for these pipes:

user posted image

Dude... what is that? I like the idea, but that's just... not good! This is what I am talking about:

user posted image

These pipes are clearly broken off... but they go nowhere if they weren't broken, if you get what I mean. Try having another end at that opposite wall:

user posted image

Not really a big issue... but some slight texture errors? Anyway, that infestation texture must go away:

user posted image

For the rest there's not really good cover anywhere, in my opinion. I could not really find good places to hide as a Skulk.

The map looks very good though, ambience has been well done, I like the MS and the halls near it.

-EDIT-

PS: I love the grating and fans!
    IPB Image

- IPB Image Constellation member - naigel.nl - naturalselection.com - egir.dk -
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation Posts: 3,225
    I agree with Naigel's first pipe crit, but not the second one. The third one about pipes at the other end definitely has sopme truth. If they're meant to end there it should be more obvious, if they're meant to be broken the same point applies.
  • kolokolkolokol Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9166Members Posts: 476
    Sure is a lovely looking map. Nice job. biggrin-fix.gif
    claxt for the win...
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20060Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 402 Fully active user
    Really nice readyroom!
    Some screenshots are a bit too dark imo.
    lillbrorsan online portfolio
    image Constellation Member
    TFM
  • Steel_TrollSteel_Troll Join Date: 2004-02-12 Member: 26455Members Posts: 550
    I just said OMG out loud when i saw the ready room. flipping sexy.
    However, is it just me or does your marine look like a midget in those rooms and hallways?
    IPB Image
    (old)Sig removed. Flames prohibited. Period.
    2. Sig Content. Use common sense here. I haven't seen any violations yet, so congratulations.
    Nem0 is congratulating me :)
    QUOTE (Naigel @ Jun 22 2005, 03:53 AM)
    Dude... what is that? I like the idea, but that's just... not good! This is what I am talking about:

user posted image

Thats just a placeholder, I was gonna model that so it wuold look similar to a 3d skybox or something.

About this map, I havent worked on it again and I probably wont. Im releasing an open-source pack with all my half-life maps + textures + models + skyboxes + sprites and Im gonna include this map. Will post it here as soon as I release the pack.
    user posted image

Please don't. I fear nubs doing cut 'n' shut jobs on your maps and releasing them to undeserved nubsong sad-fix.gif
    nah I wanna share my old maps, the more people I help the better. If some nub release it as his own work I will be very **** off but I still wanna release it smile-fix.gif
    user posted image

• PithlitPithlit Join Date: 2003-05-07 Member: 16120Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Posts: 1,314
    absolutly fabulous for a combat map