Mp_consistency

Rapier7Rapier7 Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26108Members
<div class="IPBDescription">What does it block, again?</div> Can I use custom crosshairs with consistency on?

Exactly what is checked for consistency when the variable is turned on?

Comments

• kalimxskalimxs Join Date: 2005-04-30 Member: 50543Members
    crosshairs are not checked
  • Garet_JaxGaret_Jax Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13870Members, Constellation
    As far as I know,

- <i>Some</i> models are checked (I think you -can- get away with some custom models, but the vast majority (player weapons, and view models) are blocked.
    - Of the sprites, muzzlefashes are checked. You can get away with custom HUD sprites (from crosshairs to upgrade icons).
    - I <i>think</i> sounds are enforced too, but it's been a while since I've used any custom ones.
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    A wide array of sprites and non-mp3 sounds files may be changed with consistency on. Caleague allows people in the NS division to change crosshairs, HUDs, ambient sounds, and minimaps. Most of us use smaller "+" shaped crosshairs and more minimal huds to help us with our game or for asthetic reasons. Quite a few people I'd imagine also put in blank ambient sounds to get rid of the annoying ones that are presently there.
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    as far as i know, consistency 1 blocks:

* player models
    * v_models
    * wav
    if changed

doesn't block sprites, therefor you can use custom crosshairs

exceptions: digesting.spr, muzzleflash (?) and some more
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-MrGunner+May 26 2005, 12:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrGunner @ May 26 2005, 12:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Quite a few people I'd imagine also put in blank ambient sounds to get rid of the annoying ones that are presently there. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Or increase the volume of sounds they want to hear...

Yes, muzzle-flash is checked.
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackpiranha+May 26 2005, 03:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (blackpiranha @ May 26 2005, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> as far as i know, consistency 1 blocks:

* player models
    * v_models
    * wav
    if changed

exceptions: digesting.spr, muzzleflash (?) and some more <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    either listenservers don't work with consistency or you can change v_ models.
  • coriscoris Join Date: 2003-07-08 Member: 18034Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-kalimxs+May 26 2005, 10:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (kalimxs @ May 26 2005, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-blackpiranha+May 26 2005, 03:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (blackpiranha @ May 26 2005, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> as far as i know, consistency 1 blocks:

* player models
    * v_models
    * wav
    if changed

exceptions: digesting.spr, muzzleflash (?) and some more <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    either listenservers don't work with consistency or you can change v_ models. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think that would force everyone else to use the same v_model as YOU do (since consistency compares the checksum or w/e for the person who is joining's models with those on the server)
    <!--QuoteBegin-coris+May 27 2005, 01:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (coris @ May 27 2005, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-kalimxs+May 26 2005, 10:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (kalimxs @ May 26 2005, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-blackpiranha+May 26 2005, 03:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (blackpiranha @ May 26 2005, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> as far as i know, consistency 1 blocks:

* player models
    * v_models
    * wav
    if changed

exceptions: digesting.spr, muzzleflash (?) and some more <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    either listenservers don't work with consistency or you can change v_ models. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think that would force everyone else to use the same v_model as YOU do (since consistency compares the checksum or w/e for the person who is joining's models with those on the server) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    oh maybe, that seems reallly stupid though.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    It compares your checksums with those of the server, not those of the people on the server, as far as I know.
  • HellbillyHellbilly A whole title out of pity... Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3931Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    digesting.spr is definately checked.
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    thats why i wrote it to exceptions
  • Swift_IdiotSwift_Idiot Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11883Members
    I don't know but we'd better find out what it blocks since the sooner we know precisely what NS files it's looking for, the sooner we can go through all the other files and delete them or make them better for us!

This "mp_consistency" thing is pretty cool, but I can't help but wish there was some command for high level or competitive play where the game would make sure you weren't altering its files COUGH HAHA COUGH excuse me..