grepdashv Lord of the Bugs Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8487Posts: 1,828
edited April 2005 in LAN parties
part deuxOK, here's the latest. I offered to help Moogle out by researching some possible venues for the LAN (to be held in the Portland, Oregon area). I found a place that would probably work great, but it's totally booked on Fri-Sun, June 24-26. However (at least for now), it's open on the following weekend (Fri-Sun, July 1-3). The next day, July 4, is a national holiday, so it may make it easier for some folks to come but harder for others. Since many people work, trying to cram in activity on Friday evening would likely not be cost-effective, so I'm thinking that having an all-day event on Saturday (spilling over into early AM Sunday) would work the best. Now, in order to be able to book a venue, an accurate headcount is essential. If you want to attend the LAN, please respond below with the following info:
1. Do you want to attend the LAN?
2a. Can you attend the LAN if it will be held on Saturday, July 2nd?
2b. If you answered no to 2a, what nearby date (if any) would work for you?
3. Will it benefit you if the LAN venue is near public transportation (i.e., MAX light rail)?
4a. If you attend, will you need a hotel room?
4b. If you answered yes to 4a, would you be willing to share a room with other attendees?
(If enough people need rooms, then a group rate can probably be arranged with a hotel.)
5. What is the most that you would pay to attend the event itself (for only admission and parking)?
(It is extremely important that this question be answered accurately, since it is a major factor in determining the venue. The cost will be kept as low as possible, since this isn't a commercial event.)
6. Are you interested in helping with the setup and/or cleanup?
7. What games (other than NS) do you want to play while at the LAN?
8. Do you have any servers (game, voice comm, etc.) or network equipment that you could bring? If so, what, specifically?
Post edited by Unknown User on