Modeling Question

CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Grenade launcher reloads?</div> hey all I was just wondering.

is it possible to make a shotgun where the reloading and storage of the shells is similar to the grenade launcher?

SO you could make a custom designed sg where u load it by swinging open the cylinder and having 8 slots for the shells instead of the default grenade launcher 4?

or does something like this have to be hard coded into the game?

Comments

• SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    edited November 2004
    A revolver shotun? Interesting concept.

It's certainly possible; just a custom model with custom animations. You can see that sort of thing around here all the time.

There is a problem, though. The shotgun reload animation plays five times when you're reloading your shotgun in-game, but your ammo count shows you loading 8 shells. Ever notice that? That <i>is</i> hard coded into the game. So you'd have to have a 5 shell cylinder that magically lasts for 8 shells, or an 8 shell cylinder that only loads five of those shells during the reload, and then magically shoots 8 shells.