Go Nations Cup: Update

LumpLump Join Date: 2003-04-16 Member: 15558Members
Just to announce an update regarding the GamingOrb Nations Cup: system, Dates, settings, teams etc.

<a href='http://www.gamingorb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=863' target='_blank'>Informationerization</a>

All comments welcome.

Any NON EU Peope willing to help in the admin team please apply asap. Could do with about 2/3 Main admins and some NON EU referee's for the match's.

lump`

Comments

• MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    Why are your brackets split into Europe vs non Europeans? I'm guessing that there could be a lot more teams made from non-EU then from those just in Europe. Hell America alone could probably have 4 teams of high caliber players.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    Makes no sense I'd like to see how well team America plays against all the euro teams, not just team mexico and canada.

There's always going to be ping isssues but big deal eh?
  • Mr_CharismaMr_Charisma Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12748Members, NS1 Playtester
    Please excuse me if I feel this system is slightly biased towards Euros.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Winner of NON EU group plays winner of EU group.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Personally, I think this is the only way to do it. There's just no way a European
    team can play against an Argentinian/Brazilian/Australian/New Zealandish team. I
    mean, EU vs. US matches are bad enough, now imagine that with twice the ping.
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    Yeah I think TeamCA has a lot of talent on it but are we even going to get a shot to play anyone other then TeamUS? Personally I think that's kind of a silly way to do things. Why not just have qualifiers and use a seeding system?
  • SiDSquishySiDSquishy Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21704Members
    edited November 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Why are your brackets split into Europe vs non Europeans? I'm guessing that there could be a lot more teams made from non-EU then from those just in Europe. Hell America alone could probably have 4 teams of high caliber players. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not really. People aren't really interested.

You might as well just have everyone play everyone. This grouping thing doesn't really help anyone except for a few euro teams. What you need to do is buy a submarine. Anyway I think team U.S. would like to play euro teams :\
  • LumpLump Join Date: 2003-04-16 Member: 15558Members
    If anything it favours the NON EU Teams as there are more active EU teams around than NON EU. NON EU will struggle to get 8 active Teams as the forums are barely used in most cases where EU could field about 12 Teams. Meaning that more elegible EU Teams will not have a chance to play in the main cup.

We have only 1 month to play the whole competition and most EU teams will not want to play Half their match's with 200/400 Ping. Problems with ping are high enough when just whithin EU.

This system gives every team match's with the lowest possible ping issues until the final match.

Yes Canada will get to play atleast 3 other NON EU teams, possibly more if you progress to the next stage. So i dont know what you're on about there.

Team US want to play EU Teams, we are setting up exhebition match's before the Cup so thats not a problem and you can play the best EU team if you reach the finals.

lump`
  • aegixaegix Join Date: 2002-08-31 Member: 1256Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-fanatic+Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (fanatic @ Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Winner of NON EU group plays winner of EU group.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Personally, I think this is the only way to do it. There's just no way a European
    team can play against an Argentinian/Brazilian/Australian/New Zealandish team. I
    mean, EU vs. US matches are bad enough, now imagine that with twice the ping. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Or we could play on a neutral server in the US? Smack bang in the middle. Not much of a nations cup when Euros only meet the rest of the world at the very last stretch.
  • LumpLump Join Date: 2003-04-16 Member: 15558Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-@egis+Nov 13 2004, 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (@egis @ Nov 13 2004, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-fanatic+Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (fanatic @ Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Winner of NON EU group plays winner of EU group.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    mean, EU vs. US matches are bad enough, now imagine that with twice the ping. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Or we could play on a neutral server in the US? Smack bang in the middle. Not much of a nations cup when Euros only meet the rest of the world at the very last stretch. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Neutral is 300+ ping? sounds playable. The best of EU play the best of NON EU in a final. how is that not a nations cup?
  • aegixaegix Join Date: 2002-08-31 Member: 1256Members, NS1 Playtester
    Right. So we're expected to play with 300+ ping (deemed unplayable by you) while you have your sub-100 ping. And that's fair.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lump+Nov 13 2004, 06:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Lump @ Nov 13 2004, 06:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-@egis+Nov 13 2004, 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (@egis @ Nov 13 2004, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-fanatic+Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (fanatic @ Nov 13 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Winner of NON EU group plays winner of EU group.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    mean, EU vs. US matches are bad enough, now imagine that with twice the ping. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Or we could play on a neutral server in the US? Smack bang in the middle. Not much of a nations cup when Euros only meet the rest of the world at the very last stretch. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Neutral is 300+ ping? sounds playable. The best of EU play the best of NON EU in a final. how is that not a nations cup? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sounds like an EU cup

Sorry but it's better just to play random teams around the world, everyone is gonna lag no matter what, players understand that, there is no reason why EU teams can't play with lag but everyone else can
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think the idea here is to minimize ping differences untill the finals? I really don't
    see what you're complaining about.
  • cryptcrypt Join Date: 2004-04-22 Member: 28091Members, Constellation
    The ping differences between USA and Australia or New Zealand are also not that good, and if the USA have to play 2 EU teams in the finals anyway...