Admin Mod Weapon/class Plug-in?

Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
I was wondering if anyone was working on a plug-in for Admin Mod or something similar to limit what weapons the Marines may use and for the Khaara what classes they can evolve to?

Comments

• DefDef Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8551Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Teufel Eldritch+Nov 14 2002, 09:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Teufel Eldritch @ Nov 14 2002, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was wondering if anyone was working on a plug-in for Admin Mod or something similar to limit what weapons the Marines may use and for the Khaara what classes they can evolve to?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    that would be dumb considering there is only like 5 marine weapons and like 5 evolve stages for aliens.
  • Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
    Im not asking you or anybody else for that matter what they think about it. No what I am asking is if anybody is working on such a plug-in.
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    I don't think it's possible to limit what weapons the Marines get similar to the CS restrict.

In the CS weapon restrict it would pass the menu selection commands to the server and admin mod could act on those. I don't think that type of thing is done in NS for the commander, there doesn't seem to be a check for that.

Limiting Alien evolving might be able to be done though I'm not sure how.
  • GoleXGoleX Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7681Members
    It could be done. When a comm spawns item it calls an Impulse command. Just make an adminmod function to block those impulses when he tries to call them.

Should work for aliens too.