Firefox Problems

BeRzErKeRBeRzErKeR Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13691Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Meh tabs</div> I installed Mozilla Firefox, and immediately proceeded to get the Tabbrowser Preferences plugin. However, when I tried to open the options window it just showed some XML parsing error that I don't even know what it means. (<- was that proper English?)

So I tried uninstalling the plugin, and sure enough it says that "This item will be uninstalled after you restart Firefox." So I restart, but it just stays there.

Next, I try uninstalling Firefox, using RegCleaner to remove any possible registry entries. But after reinstalling it's still there, in fact, even my bookmarks and settings are still the same.

So could anyone tell me how to get Firefox to _completely_ uninstall? Please? I'm not too tech savvy a person...

Comments

• PulsePulse To create, to create and escape. Join Date: 2002-08-29 Member: 1248Members, Constellation
    Try going to C:\Documents and Settings\<b>yourusernamehere</b>\Application Data\ and deleting the Mozilla folder there.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Hey, it's beta. You took the risk when you downloaded it.

If Add/Remove programs won't work, just delete everything it put on your computer, and either use a registry cleaner to get rid of what's left or live with the leftover stuff, which isn't much fun but meh, what can you do.
  • BeRzErKeRBeRzErKeR Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13691Members
    Was like Pulse said. Cheers. Mods, lockity this?
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    I can't get Tabbrowser Preferences to work either w/ 1.0PR, despite the website claiming compatibility. :(

I think I'm gonna downgrade back to .93...
  • Har_Har_the_PirateHar_Har_the_Pirate Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19388Members, Constellation
    i cant get italisize or any other function like size and color to work on these forums with firefox, although i havnt tried to fix it (i have to manuallly type it in i cant select and press)
  • 0blique0blique Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16477Members
    Hmm, Tabbrowser preferences seems to work with my copy of 1.0 PR. However, the Mouse Gestures extension seemed to have installed itself in German, so I guess all is not completely well.