Marines have commander, aliesn got hivemind, but..

pielemuispielemuis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 72Members, NS1 Playtester
Well i just think it should be cool if bob should have a mother, you know a queen, a huge badass alien, thats guarding the central hive or something. I know its not really possible to implemetn this in the game, but you could let the best alien be able to evolve one step further and become a queen ,and 2 be able 2 build errr i dunno, i was goping to say eggs, but this is a multiplayer game and i don't think players are going to be willing to wait for their turn to get born. Oh hell i dunno but it should be sweet if the aliens should have a boss, a super strong, big(?) alien, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WE CAN'T LEAVE BOB AN ORPHAN, HE'S GOTTA HAVE A MOTHER! Oh yeah where do these aliens come from anyways, i mean how are they born?

Comments

• MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    If we do a queen, we become way too much like Aliens™ and get the pants sued off of us (even though our aliens aren't insect-like)

No clue about the alien backstory though. That hasn't come out yet.
  • Bob_the_alianBob_the_alian Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 107Members
    I think they regenicly produce like sea sponge... they get cut in half then those two halfs become another sponge. well thats my 1.3 cents...
  • LotisLotis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 77Members
    I can be bob's mom...and there are respawn eggs infector they are built by level2's i think
  • pielemuispielemuis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 72Members, NS1 Playtester
    oh, i think i have to read the faq a bit more.
    oh well, you're right about the aliens part, but couldn't help wondering if it wouldn't be coll if there was a really huge alien, make it a king if you have 2, i just think it should be real fun, can you imagine a huge alien and all those marines cirkling around it firing with their puny machineguns while the king, elvis father of bob?, just squashes them.
  • humbabahumbaba That Exciting Tales From the Frontline Guy Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 86Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I handt thought about that. It would be cool to provide a final evolutionary form that was only obtainable by the leading scorer. A boss, as it were. His skills and inherently good class would make him one big meanie. Course, implementing a whole new class is a lotta work, so I wont be in tears if you don't. In a way, being the leading scorer is its own reward. Still, it might drive the aliens to extremely vicious. Everyone likes vicious aliens. Cept Marines . . . but they cant complain if bob tears out their vocal cords.
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    And there's no way to make anything larger than what we have already. There is an engine maximum of three sizes only that you have to conform to.
  • pielemuispielemuis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 72Members, NS1 Playtester
    oh yeah it has an engine...........
    yeah i know , it wouldn't be fun anyways, cause the big one won't be able to go through doors, vents etc.