How To Make Skill Maps?

StoneToadStoneToad Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4053Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Sorta repost</div> (origional posted in Suggestions and Ideas - <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=8835' target='_blank'>Ability To Make Skill Maps</a>)

I've had fun playing the differnet kinds of skill maps available for TFC and wanted to make something similar for NS.

Currently the team that neads them the most are the marines. Since I coverd the alien skill map stuff in the origional, I won't repost it here.

What I'd like to be able to do is control what a player spawned as and what weapons/equipment they had. So I could force players to spawn as a marine with a shotgun and a jetpack say. This should also work on the aliens so that I could force them to spawn as say a lerk with redemption etc. A simple way to keep them from being able to change classes would be to cap/set the resource points to 0 or 2 (if I wanted to let them pick an evolution).

Of course you'll nead to have prebuild bases or some other way to get the upgrades for this to work. It would be a real pain to have to spend the first X minuts of the skill map building a base to let you play it. I have some ideas for some cool marine training maps: speed building (you have X minutes to build N bases, then keep them alive for Y minutes of alien attack), medivac (you have to make it across a map that has variuse hazards that hurt your health, commander has to keep dropping health on you to keep you alive till you make it to the end). There are lots of others too, I could could go on for several pages with ideas.

What I'd like to know is what things can already be done (and how). And if it can't currently be done, how likely is it that it will ever be added to the mod? I don't mind haveing to hack some of this stuff in with a metamod plugin, but I'd rather not if I didnt have to.

Comments