Gloom 3a?

HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
<a href='http://www.planetgloom.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.planetgloom.com/</a>

Take a look at the news close to the top of the page. Gloom (the mod that most likely inspired NS), is re-releasing with quake3 arena engine. For those of you that already play gloom, my apologizes since this is probably old news.

Not trying to convert anyone, but if you haven't played gloom, you should take a look at it. Awesome mod.

Comments

• redeemed_darknessredeemed_darkness Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12565Members
    edited September 2004
    sorry to say it got canned in January

atm RXN promise of it being based on Doom 3 engine
  • Chaos_LlamaChaos_Llama Join Date: 2004-04-23 Member: 28124Members
    <span style='color:red'>LIES

IT'S ALL EMPTY LIES I TELLS YA!</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Have Doom 3, still havent played it yet because im too scared</span>
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    Doom3 engine? Seriously?! Wow.

Those guys have got ambition.
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    Gloom thread number 5,000,000 and counting...
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    Gloom 3 was originally supposed to be on the DOOM 3 engine anyway. At QuakeCon 2002 Team Reaction was there and was talking w/ other mod authors, and then Carmack made the old "4 player on, peer-to-peer only" announceemnt and pretty much every mod author in the building cancelled thier plans. :/

On the plus side, at the mod roundtable we all got to talk w/ Rick Johnson from Raven and we got to express how essential we felt multiplayer would be for Quake 4. It looks like we convinced them. :)
  • CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chaos Llama+Sep 23 2004, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Chaos Llama @ Sep 23 2004, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <span style='color:red'>LIES

IT'S ALL EMPTY LIES I TELLS YA!</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Have Doom 3, still havent played it yet because im too scared</span> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    heh dont waste your money!

get in there marine and save the universe!!
  • IBTIBT Join Date: 2003-10-22 Member: 21879Members
    edited September 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chaos Llama+Sep 23 2004, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Chaos Llama @ Sep 23 2004, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Have Doom 3, still havent played it yet because im too scared</span> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    oh no! the entities are gonna kill you! your not gonna have a HUD! and maybe your gona have a knife against semi-cartoony zombies!

sereoulsy, unless its a shocker (skulk jumping and making loud noise in dark place, killing you) you have nothing to be scared of.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    No matter which engine they pick, I would like to see some "creep" growth going on. That would rock. If they ever remake NS, I would like to see that as well. *HINT HINT*
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    wait a minute 4 player peer to peer max for mods even !? The engine is so much better than the game too. What an absolute waste of 50 bucks.