Blind Hope

TaaketaTaaketa Join Date: 2004-02-10 Member: 26357Members
<div class="IPBDescription">That trigger needs to be loosened up...</div> "Bulid Armoury at Waypoint."

"Guard this Target."

"Bulid Arms lab."

-----------------------------------------------------

The Drop ship had dock succesfully with the station, they had to slip in the back way and connect through the Command Network Interface. As ever on these missions they encountered the same old junk blocking any flow of transmission.

As soon as the Marines where the deployed and giving their inital dose of res to help the drop ship moved out to its standard orbit position.

------------------------------------------------------

'Rodger that Commander.'
'Is it just me or does this place smell like....'
'Like you just crapped yourself Dip?'
The team laughed 7 Marines in all and one long time commander, Switch, she new the Ins and Outs of most anicent Nano systems and internal ones if anyone could get the place up and running without the Khara realising yet it was her.
"Your squad 5. Your Squad 4." Echoed through the Marine's ears. Next the comm opens. 'Ok 5 stay at base. Defend these two points.' On the Marine's HUD two new waypoints appeared. 'And get this IP up. We may need reinforcements. 4 move out and find me resource nodes.'
'Rodger Commander.'
The teams loaded up and took up their various positions. With the IP up the drop ship could now transport in fresh reinforcements without docking, but as always in TSA philsophy, none never got sent in until needed.
'I'm enchancing the Nano bots on your armour now guys. Stay alive out there.'
'Thats what we intend on doing commander.' Hicks was Squad 4's lead and long time alien vet. On the back of his armour he had a crude picture of a skulk stuck on to his armour and the amount he killed. At the very bottom was the most feared alien lifeform of all, an Onos. Beside it he had a "1... to be".
The others in his squad where two recruits just out of training and fresh into combat. They were keeping their cool but Switch could see their heart rates where higher than normal, she opened a closed comm to Hicks. 'Watch your squadies now.. They seem alittle on edge.'
'Rodger that comm.'

Back at the base the Marines kept on guard duty all 2 of them where vets and 1 recruit... One edger recruit as well.
'Joe stay at your point! Don't walk into the corridors Kharaa love to ambush you there.'
'Not me sir, no way.'
'Joe do as your squad leader tells you, or I'll send you into the hive by yourself.'
'Yes comm....' He moved back to his point and kept his eyes fixed on the entrance way.

A cloaked skulk sits looking straight at him ready to pounce but as it sneaks round to go and get him the hive calls it back with a sharp pain. It walks silently out and runs of once well out of earshot of the marines.

'There was a Skulk running East of here.' The comm says quietly. 'Eyes and Ears sharp.'
"Rodger that."

Comments