Lifeform Swapping In Co_

TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Whats kosher?</div> I know gorge can go either lerk, or fade. and from fade to onos.
Can a lerk go to fade or onos?
The directions on the menu would seem no, but im almost certain I saw a player as a lerk and a lil later on, was an onos.
But id assume youd waste the 1 point on lerk then.

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    nether bothered to try cause of the point loss. But I'd say if you are willing to risk the loss, it should be.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    its been proved possible.
  • WhiteRabbitWhiteRabbit Join Date: 2004-08-08 Member: 30456Members
    yup, need 4 lvls tho
  • TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
    ok, thats not too bad if on a 10+ lvl server.
    Shame one cant swap around the forms more easily.
  • SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    Been there done that.....

Funny to go from lerk to fade

no funny to go from oni to lerk

Only gorge is kep in peace
  • degamer106degamer106 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28550Banned
    Actually if you save up your first 3 points, you can go fade...then you can go lerk again..which would be really dumb....
  • j3stj3st Join Date: 2004-06-28 Member: 29602Members
    yep u can (y didn't u just try it out using givexp)

they should allow u to gestate back to gorge. i hate when the whole team are lerks, fades, and onii, then the marines wear down the hive bit by bit and keep welding cc...
  • degamer106degamer106 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28550Banned
    well the best thing to do is to decide who is going to be perma gorge that game instead of just having everyone go to a higher life form. That perma gorge should invest his points in adrenaline and web least. The rest of the points should be spent on other upgrades like regen, cara...etc,etc..

Now if you are going to go from a fade to perma gorge then I think that's just a complete waste of points...
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    With my luck I am the only one with enought XP to go fade or onos to save a hive, and lateron they all go onos and nag noone stayed gorge, even though I planned to be gorge.

I swear my fave servers are n00binfested lately.
  • MorphsMorphs Join Date: 2004-07-05 Member: 29733Members
    In beta 3v4 they restructured the lifeform tree in combat when they added the gorge. It used to be lerk(2) -> fade (1) -> onos (2). So you had to go lerk before going to fade and that also made it possible to gestate to fade in case the situation required you to.

I guess the 1 point from lerk to fade made it a bit unbalanced. With the current tree the costs are the same though, but swapping is too expensive.

BTW as a marine, it is also possible to swap from GL to HMG or vise versa. It can be useful in case the entire marine team has HMG's and there is a need for a GL.