Skulks And Their Absorbtion Power

SinSpawnSinSpawn Harbinger of Suffering Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8359Members
<div class="IPBDescription">a.k.a the armour and hit take</div> Wehn 3.0 was released I found out straight away skulks absorbed more bullets!

I know they fixed the hitboxes but it just means that skulks die easier, atleast give them back 20-30 armour as un-upgraded.

I remember in the on of the devs saying before since they changed the hitboxes for the skulk to the proper size it was actually harder to hit them and easier for skulks to dodge, this is not what has happened, skulks just absorb the bullets now like sponges= kharaa = sponges.

I suppose the other lifeforms are fine, but the skulks need their armour boosted to atleast 20 to counter the super improved hitboxes.

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    I agree with you.
    After some months now people now where to aim to hit the skulks new hitboxes. It´s much easier to kill them.

My suggestion is: Enlarge hitboxes to give newbies a better chance of hitting a skulk. Increase their AP to 30 to compensate to new hitboxes.
    This would balance clan games and public games a little bit.
  • altairianaltairian Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17459Members
    lol "skulks new hitboxes"
    their hitboxes weren't changed. They just aren't appearing where they should be anymore (this can largely be fixed by giving your ex_interp a proper setting). Hitbox LAG is not an intended change.