Ventbases

2»

Comments

• WirheWirhe Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17610Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Turtling in a vent can be fun, but far too often its abused and done for no other reason than to spite the winning team. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So what? Can't you abide that two minutes or change the server? At five minute mark decided games are a far worse problem than this; there the whole team practically just camps or happily hops around as a gun-fodder.
  • UKchaosUKchaos Join Date: 2002-08-10 Member: 1132Members
    I wouldnt have an issue with it if it didnt happen so damn often.
  • StoatBringerStoatBringer Join Date: 2003-06-09 Member: 17144Members, Constellation
    It doesn't seem to happen as often now as it used to, and I also find it amusing on occasion.
    If it is obvious that we're going to lose, no matter what, and I have enough res left to go gorge and drop a couple of DC, I'll scamper off into a vent and make a nest. It's usually not possible to do it as the marines will be closing in and catch you before you make it to the vents, and it's not always possible to find a good spot and evolve/build before the Ping Of Death finishes you off.
  • ZephyrYHKZephyrYHK Join Date: 2004-04-23 Member: 28130Members
    lol thats hella funny when ppl crawl into vents and build random cr*P
  • AvengerXAvengerX Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27459Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chods+Jun 11 2004, 11:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Chods @ Jun 11 2004, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> whats more annoying is 10yr kids with mics goin to the underwater passage on bast and singing "under the sea" and then proceding to build as many dcs and ocs as they can. and this is not at the end game, this is throughout the entire game <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    shhhh, you weren't suppose to tell anyone about that , jk

man hahahah that just might be the funniest thing I've done all day, thanks for that thats really funny
  • e_Nadagaste_Nadagast Join Date: 2003-10-30 Member: 22149Members
    Remove static defenses (turrets/OCs) and the pubbing game will improve vastly
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Or the skilless will get horribly destroyed on an insanely steep learning curve which would favour the truly dedicated.

Granted that WOULD improve the "quality" of the pubbing game... but it would also instantly slash the amount of players. TBH I'd sacrifice the immediate quality in order for a long term sustainable community - we're not all going to be playing NS forever, so it'd be nice to have some new players to replace us. Again, another solution is to just restrict who you let on your server, which would help more than hinder imho.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chods+Jun 12 2004, 05:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Chods @ Jun 12 2004, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> whats more annoying is 10yr kids with mics goin to the underwater passage on bast and singing "under the sea" and then proceding to build as many dcs and ocs as they can. and this is not at the end game, this is throughout the entire game <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I must meet these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!])!