Hitboxes On Turrets

kiwakaikiwakai Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3353Members
Part of the problem I was have with turrets as aliens, was that I was never actually hitting them. As a lerk/fade I would do the around the corner pop in/out to take out turrets, but I never watched my projectiles fly, and I assumed that a shot dead center on the turret would count as a hit. I was getting very frustrated that from what I saw 3-4 energy bars worth of spikes/rockets wouldn't even seem to dent a turret.

Then I realized the hitbox doesn't extent to the top of the turret. Atleast it doesnt seem to. I can shoot at the gun section of the turret all day with no effect, but hitting at the base actually damages it.

Does anyone else seem this as a problem? Many times I've attempted to take out towers that were on a different level than me. The problem was the only part of the turret I could see was the gun part. So the turret had LOS with me and could fire, yet I couldn't touch it.

Comments

• preacherpreacher Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5130Members
    same here, at first I was always aiming for the top part, the part that was shooting me. lol. Now i know its best to aim about halfway up the turret, It seems the same for a lot of the structures.
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    I believe it's so you can jump over turrets if needed. Same with alien structures.
  • DarklordDarklord Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4865Members
    Yeah i agree
    With alien turrets you can hide behind a match stick and you got enough cover
    But the human turret (Which is like 100% better then the aliens piece of junk) Is so hard to get on a angle which you can hit it but it cant hit it. they should change it
  • UGLJonUGLJon Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6940Members
    It just goes to show you that that metal is power.
  • azz0razz0r Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5457Members
    So shooting at its legs does damage?
  • playaplaya Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7007Members
    shooting the turret just below the gun bit usually does the trick, but it takes a bit of time, and its better when u r on a high groung with a cloak ability.................umm, basicly what i did, i ducked , so that turret doesnt see me, then cloak, stand up (when u r cloaked turrets dont shot at u), place a few well aimed acid rockets, duck, repeat the procedure untill the subject is dead (also works against marines as well).........