Transparent Portions Of Textures Are Not C Through

NebuzaradanNebuzaradan Join Date: 2003-07-13 Member: 18139Members
I had done some mapping in both CS and regular half-life but for some reason I'm running into trouble with the grates, ladders, and other textures that have portions that are supposed to be transparent. When I compile the map and run it, the transparent sections are just as opaque as the rest of the texture...

Any ideas?

Comments

• NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons! Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation
    render mode = solid
    FX amount = 255
    that will give you transperency
    (it has to be an entity)
  • NebuzaradanNebuzaradan Join Date: 2003-07-13 Member: 18139Members
    Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about objects that have PORTIONS that are supposed to be transparent (like ladders).

The rung portion of the ladder is yellow while the portion between the rungs should be clear (as if it wasn't there), when I compile and test the map this space shows up black...
  • brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    As he said, you will need to make it have render mode Solid and FX amount 255.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    make sure your texture has "{" in front of it liked for example "{ladder". all textures with "{" in front of it will have blue parts which are invisible ingame.

just turn the brush with this texture into and entity and set is properties as <b>error 404 name not found</b> and <b>ShdwStal</b> posted.