Lowering ping tips? anyone?

pokeytrev13pokeytrev13 Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1760Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Anyone have any?</div>Ok...
I have a Dsl modem and my ping seems relativley high. I know everyones is high right now but you know what I mean. Is there anyway in ns to lower ping? any suggestions? could my video card make it lag? i just have a basic one. no 5000 dollar card or anything. I run it in direct3d

Comments

• EpyonEpyon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2255Members
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Umm--ping is internet time.  Not related to your graphics card unless your computer is so overworked that it can't managed to handle the relatively small task of communication.  Probably not the problem.

The real issue is the lack of good servers. =(
  • kabalikabali Join Date: 2013-05-24 Member: 185355Members
  • salvadorjersalvadorjer Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163138Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The power of necromancy is strong with this one.

*thumbs up :D*
  • kabalikabali Join Date: 2013-05-24 Member: 185355Members
    Anyone have any?Ok...
    I have a Dsl modem and my ping seems relativley high. I know everyones is high right now but you know what I mean. Is there anyway in ns to lower ping? any suggestions? could my video card make it lag? i just have a basic one. no 5000 dollar card or anything. I run it in direct3d

Ping is depends upon your internet connection,it's not related to your computer graphics card.
    If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
    1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
    2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
    3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
    4.Use any software like Game Booster
    5.Move closer to server
    I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.When i had a ping issue,i followed the same ways.Now i have better ping rate.So only i would recommend this ways.Then you can check your reduced ping rate using Whoisxy.com

• todd1Oktodd1Ok Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28018Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    There are some tweaks you can make to your tcp-ip settings that can lower your ping slightly. Your best bet however is to ditch the dsl and get cable if you can. Go google "tcp ping tweaks".