Server Speak Sounds

Night_EagleNight_Eagle Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22373Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Getting the clients to hear...</div> I have the rcon down already, but what about executable client commands?
<a href='http://www.ticclan.com/tutorials/mustangs-hl-speak-commands.html' target='_blank'>http://www.ticclan.com/tutorials/mustangs-...k-commands.html</a>

Comments

• VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    Not sure what you are looking for. Are you looking to execute commands on your own client or execute commands on somone else's client?

Executing commands on your own client is easy, just open your console and type the command in.

Executing commands on another player's client requires metamod and one of the Administration programs which allows that type of activity. You could choose AdminMod, AMXMod, or ClanMod (though there might be many others I don't know about)

Hope that helps
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    I think he's asking to make use of the vox sound commands for clients to hear.

In theory, you'll need an administration program to execute commands on the client's PCs after a set amount of time or by command of an Admin. Just like what Vadakill said. Best choices would be what Vadakill suggested.

How it can be done? I have absolutely no idea because I don't operate a server any more ^___^;

But I think there's a plugin though. Beats me as to where to find them.
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    It comes with the default version of AMXMod. Just use the menu with the command <b>amxmodmenu</b>. I always turn that stuff off though, so annoying.
  • billcatbillcat Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4903Members, Constellation
    no kidding, the first thing I had to do on my server is remove the amx sounds menu to keep admins from using that over and over, killing my ears.

I make a point to log off servers that have that crap enabled.

Do your users a favor and don't play lame sound bytes. It's not as cool as you might think.
  • CaucasianCaucasian Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9993Members
    You need to use adminmod or like above amxmod. There is a plugin for adminmod right from adminmods website that is called plugin_speech.

That will allow you to (in console) type admin_speakall hello. This will then make vox say "hello" to all connected clients.

www.adminmod.org
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    I agree these sounds are cute (for all of about 5 minutes), then they become annoying. They're simply a novelty, one that your regulars will soon tire of. My advice: don't bother.