This Is Awesome And Kinda Frighteningq

moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva.Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
The blue angels are buzzing my apartment
So today as one of the events of Seafair in Seattle, the blue angels are performing. I haven't made it over to the lake where all the festivities are yet (too much ns 3.1 last night tounge.gif ) but one of them keeps flying right over beacon hill where my apartment is. It's deafening when he comes by. The blinds shake and there's this huge whooshing sound. Its pretty scary too. I can't imagine what it must be like to have these things as attackers flying overhead. It must be absolutely terrifying.

Comments

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    Holy ****, 4 of them just flew over. Everybody just ran out on their balconies with a collective "Holy ****".
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Members Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,005 Advanced user
    Meh. Wave your cane at them. Angrily. The bloody Blackbird made cracks in our house (damn sonic booms), and that thing flies substantially higher. Don't let 'em break your house.
    Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
    - George Carlin
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Members Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Posts: 6,411 Fully active user
    They were performing in Jacksonville one year, and had my boat anchored in the St. Johns just off NAS. The four of them approached each other from different angles not far off the ground, and when they got directly over my boat they pulled back and shot straight towards the heavens. We could feel the heat, and see right up their gasholes ... AND smell the fumes. It was totally friggin awesome!
    modNS Forums - NS1 and NS2: We Wrote The Book On NS Moddingimage
  • baconflapsbaconflaps Members Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26314Posts: 391
    The Blue Angels are freaking incredible. I've seen them twice and it's just an awesome combination of military technology and pure badassery.

Also, they are heaps better than the **** USAF Thunderbirds.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Posts: 3,567 Advanced user
    edited August 2005
    user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The Red Arrows > your pansy Blue Angels tounge.gif

user posted image

All jest aside, however, pretty much every formation flying group i've seen are amazing.
    QUOTE(T h e m @ Apr 10 2005, 06:19 AM)
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, elbow to the face.

"It had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires."

QUOTE(Monkfish @ Jun 30 2008, 03:25)
    I just got banned from a "Christian teamwork server" in BF2142 for knifing one of the server clan snipers and proclaiming "you just got darwin'd"
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,499
    Yeah, they've been buzzing my house for the last couple of days, although today (and yesterday?) it's been quiet. They get super duper close; it's pretty neat.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

• CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
  • BaconTheoryBaconTheory Members Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20615Posts: 1,299
    <3 Extreme airplane stunts?
    user posted image
  • Mad_ManMad_Man Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-06-13 Member: 17359Posts: 434
    Looks like you need:
    user posted image

But out of all the air shows I have been to I find them pretty boring. I would rather watch them do a mock dog fight and hear the radio and they duke it out. And see how the improvise rather then the preplaned and overly praticed rutine.
    WARNING: My spelling is atrocious
    user posted image
  • ScribblesScribbles Members Join Date: 2003-11-05 Member: 22323Posts: 630
    QUOTE (Mad Man @ Aug 6 2005, 03:47 PM)
    Looks like you need:
    user posted image

But out of all the air shows I have been to I find them pretty boring. I would rather watch them do a mock dog fight and hear the radio and they duke it out. And see how the improvise rather then the preplaned and overly praticed rutine.

Gordon Freeman in the flesh.
  • TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Posts: 2,510
    Heh, I got a different kind of scare when I was living in Pittsburgh. About twice a month some F-117 stealth fighters would fly overhead... always had an irrational fear "WHAT IF THEY ACCIDENTALLY LET ONE FLY?!"
    The above post is the result of sleep deprivation and something known as "teh awesumsawce."
    user posted image
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Members Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Posts: 3,316 Advanced user
    QUOTE (TommyVercetti @ Aug 6 2005, 03:49 PM)
    Heh, I got a different kind of scare when I was living in Pittsburgh. About twice a month some F-117 stealth fighters would fly overhead... always had an irrational fear "WHAT IF THEY ACCIDENTALLY LET ONE FLY?!"

Yeah... I should imagine the air doesn't circulate very well in those cockpits, I guess the smell would linger for a while.

Oh you mean a missile.
    QUOTE (Gwahir @ Jun 2 2008, 06:30 PM) »
    QUOTE (Abra @ Jun 2 2008, 06:19 PM) »
    The day the word "danger" makes it into my dictionary, is the day the workplace related deaths exceeds the "workplace related death-to-oh my, magma is being pumped, awesome!"-ratio.

I am disturbed by your obsession with pumping hot fluids.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,499
    I would imagine the missiles need priming if they're to do any real damage.

edited August 2005
    QUOTE (X Stickman @ Aug 6 2005, 01:59 PM)
    The Red Arrows > your pansy Blue Angels tounge.gif

You wish. Pfff they fly trainer jets.

edit: look how close they are!

user posted image
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Posts: 3,567 Advanced user
    user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And this isn't really an example of anything major I just love this formation:

user posted image
    QUOTE(T h e m @ Apr 10 2005, 06:19 AM)
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, elbow to the face.

"It had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires."

QUOTE(Monkfish @ Jun 30 2008, 03:25)
    I just got banned from a "Christian teamwork server" in BF2142 for knifing one of the server clan snipers and proclaiming "you just got darwin'd"
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Members Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Posts: 6,411 Fully active user
    No offense Stickman, your Red Arrows wouldn't make a pimple on a Blue Angels butt. tounge.gif
    modNS Forums - NS1 and NS2: We Wrote The Book On NS Moddingimage
  • MetalcatMetalcat Members Join Date: 2004-08-11 Member: 30528Posts: 1,321
    waste of fuel, its really just draining the economy
    im from www.denmark.dk woot in ya face :P
    i hate timezones

DEPOT MAKES THEM WOMEN WILD!
    thx to femme

user posted image
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Members Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,005 Advanced user
    Those planes the Blue Angels fly look like F/A-18 Hornets. That just landed them several points in my book. Awesome plane.
    Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
    - George Carlin
    It's cause they are F/A-18s.

duhhhhhhh
    QUOTE (Metalcat @ Aug 6 2005, 01:53 PM)
    waste of fuel, its really just draining the economy

Dude, stop posting. It's a waste of electricity to keep your computer on, and a waste of money to pay the internet company.

• RenegadeRenegade Old school Members Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Posts: 1,966
    edited August 2005
    I saw them perform once when I was in North Carolina. Top notch stuff.

EDIT: Moultano is in Seattle? How'd I miss this?
    IPB Image

Savior, conqueror, hero, villian.

Espionage Mod
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Posts: 2,813 Fully active user
    I finally got a chance to really see them on thursday when they were practicing over lake Washington.

Seems like they have 4 team players and 1 insane nutjob maverick doing the crazy ****.

Sooooooo awesome.
    Zoc.php FTW
    "Build a tent and say the world is dry." -Tay Zonday
  • TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Posts: 2,510
    edited August 2005
    QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Aug 6 2005, 04:20 PM)
    I would imagine the missiles need priming if they're to do any real damage.

Note that the word irrational.. was used by me.
    The above post is the result of sleep deprivation and something known as "teh awesumsawce."
    user posted image
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Posts: 2,813 Fully active user
    QUOTE (Renegade @ Aug 6 2005, 09:54 PM)

M$ flew him in a while back for his mad phat skills.
    Zoc.php FTW
    "Build a tent and say the world is dry." -Tay Zonday
  • RenegadeRenegade Old school Members Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Posts: 1,966
    QUOTE (T h e m @ Aug 6 2005, 08:56 PM)

It always suprises me to find other forumites who live in the same state as me.
    IPB Image

Espionage Mod
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    QUOTE (T h e m @ Aug 6 2005, 11:56 PM)

Unfortunately, I didn't get that job. I was kinda intimidated and didn't do very well in the interviews. I did however get an internship with Amazon.com for the summer. Hence I'm out in Seattle. Absolutely beautiful city. I'm used to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh which are basically case studies of urban decay. By comparison, Seattle seems like paradise, but part of my midwestern work ethic keeps thinking "Life is supposed to be hard!" and keeps me feeling guilty when I'm walking around downtown. smile-fix.gif
    QUOTE (Renegade @ Aug 6 2005, 09:02 PM)
    QUOTE (T h e m @ Aug 6 2005, 08:56 PM)

It always suprises me to find other forumites who live in the same state as me.

Usually it just scares me. You know Nukethepalce and JediYoshi live around here? Yeah, I lock my door now.

QUOTE (moultano @ Aug 6 2005, 09:02 PM)
    QUOTE (T h e m @ Aug 6 2005, 11:56 PM)

Unfortunately, I didn't get that job. I was kinda intimidated and didn't do very well in the interviews. I did however get an internship with Amazon.com for the summer. Hence I'm out in Seattle. Absolutely beautiful city. I'm used to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh which are basically case studies of urban decay. By comparison, Seattle seems like paradise, but part of my midwestern work ethic keeps thinking "Life is supposed to be hard!" and keeps me feeling guilty when I'm walking around downtown. smile-fix.gif

Never go into downtown Seattle with no less than 3 weapons. EVER.
    IPB Image

Espionage Mod
    QUOTE (Renegade @ Aug 7 2005, 12:06 AM)

You have GOT to be kidding me. smile-fix.gif
    This is by far the safest city I've ever lived in.
    QUOTE (moultano @ Aug 6 2005, 09:12 PM)
    QUOTE (Renegade @ Aug 7 2005, 12:06 AM)

You have GOT to be kidding me. smile-fix.gif
    This is by far the safest city I've ever lived in.

Yeah, it's pretty mild. You'll want a jetpack for the hills though. THE MULTITUDES OF HILLS! Those are the most dangerous things in the city. Those and the flying fish at Pike Place Market.

And soon, PAX. That reminds me; I ought to start a thread about that.